Sabi River is an upmarket destination (you know by the type of cars parked there), located such that you feel like there's no city nearby, just bush. The golf course is obviously the attraction, but being as well manicured as it is, if you want something more rustic, this is not necessarily your raw African experience.
There is a comprehensive plan of activities for the whole family, although we found some of the items a bit under-attended. The big miss activity wise is a putt-putt, so it sometimes felt like we were a bit short of things to do. Keep in mind that the many of the facilities like bowls, tennis, squash, etc, require a payment for use of the equipment, so bring your own if you can.
We had a major TV outage for the whole resort, but I would assume this is not ongoing. Also annoying was the security guards trying to sell golf balls at your flats.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the magnificent Sabie River, this gorgeous resort affords travellers easy access to some of the greatest attractions South Africa has to offer. From the Sabie River Sun you will be able to visit the Kruger National Park, God's Window and Pilgrim's Rest to mention but a few. After a day of sightseeing returning to this luxurious resort will be the highlight of your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Sabi River Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sabi River Sun Lifestyle Hotel Hazyview
- Sabi River Sun Hotel
- Sabi River Sun Resort Hazyview, South Africa - Mpumalanga