My husband I spent one week at Sabi River sun in November as part of our South African vacation. Truthfully, the check in process was somewhat in was underwhelming. We were so excited to arrive and learn about what was available in the area. Instead we were handed her keys given a map and sent on our way. This, definitely needs work! That being said, we found our chalet o be spacious, clean and adequately outfitted for a self
catering unit. The dinners at the restaurant were again best describes adequate. Nothing outstanding, nothing spectacular, just okay. We played three rounds of golf at the golf course and found the value to be quite reasonable. Course was quite lovely and Challenging enough for serious golfers. Nice to sit and have a cold drink apres golf and meet other guests at the resort.
There are a couple of good restaurants in Hazyview (Pioneers) and of course the chalets are located close to the gates of Kruger national Park. The resort is well geared toward families and a nice place to spend a relaxing holiday in driving distance to KNP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the magnificent Sabie River, this gorgeous resort affords travellers easy access to some of the greatest attractions South Africa has to offer. From the Sabie River Sun you will be able to visit the Kruger National Park, God's Window and Pilgrim's Rest to mention but a few. After a day of sightseeing returning to this luxurious resort will be the highlight of your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Travelocity so you can book your Sabi River Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sabi River Sun Lifestyle Hotel Hazyview
- Sabi River Sun Hotel
- Sabi River Sun Resort Hazyview, South Africa - Mpumalanga