We visited Sabi River Sun for a midweek break in September. The staff at check-in were not as friendly as they could have been although they were efficient. We were allocated a nice chalet next to the golf course by the river. The chalet was spotlessly clean and had a nice upmarket feel to it.
The resort is in a perfect place to use as a base for exploring Mpumalanga and is quite centrally located amongst all the various tourist attractions that one may want to visit including the various waterfalls, pot holes, Gods Window, Kruger Park etc.
My favourite aspect of the resort was the superbly manicured golf course. At the time of our stay the back nine was undergoing refurbishment so it was played as a nine hole course with different tee boxes to make it an 18 hole course. It is a relatively short course, but most enjoyable nonetheless.
A great way to spend some time in the evening is to venture down to the hippo hide where the hippos spend their time entertaining onlookers amongst the crocodiles and abundant birdlife giving photographers a great opportunity to snap some great shots as they yawn and splash around in the river.
You will also find bowls, tennis, swimming pools, a spa and a playground for the kids at the resort and the restaurant makes fantastic food including pizza that they will deliver to your chalet should you wish.
Overall a very relaxing and enjoyable experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the magnificent Sabie River, this gorgeous resort affords travellers easy access to some of the greatest attractions South Africa has to offer. From the Sabie River Sun you will be able to visit the Kruger National Park, God's Window and Pilgrim's Rest to mention but a few. After a day of sightseeing returning to this luxurious resort will be the highlight of your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sabi River Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sabi River Sun Lifestyle Hotel Hazyview
- Sabi River Sun Hotel
- Sabi River Sun Resort Hazyview, South Africa - Mpumalanga