Our family of 3 escaped Joburg for a weekend stay late November 2011. We found that the staff and the grounds were nice, while the hotel and the food were average. Upon arrival we settled our belongings into a clean, but standard hotel room with 2 double beds, basic amenities and a small balcony. Drawn to the sweeping golf course and mountain views from the hotel patio, we settled into some comfy chairs for afternoon cocktails and appletisers. Within moments a friendly staffer approached our son (age 10) to invite him for a reptile show-and he was off-joined a gang of kids on the lawn nearby and we all enjoyed the afternoon. Having made new friends, all the kids chose to rent the mountain bikes from the pro shop and spent the entire weekend exploring the resort's golf course, what we call crocodile island and turtle bridge-despite the perpetual grey clouds and mist. It was a safe, open resort and we could see the kids from our room or patio at all times. There were many other activities and the staff even made sure we were well supplied with table tennis balls for our late night family matches. The food was a buffet and was simple and again the staff friendly. There is also an a la carte menu. It seemed there was a mix of families, a wedding and a corporate golf retreat and all seemed to get along amicably. We enjoyed our weekend and would attribute it to the staff, activities for our son and the grounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the magnificent Sabie River, this gorgeous resort affords travellers easy access to some of the greatest attractions South Africa has to offer. From the Sabie River Sun you will be able to visit the Kruger National Park, God's Window and Pilgrim's Rest to mention but a few. After a day of sightseeing returning to this luxurious resort will be the highlight of your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sabi River Sun Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sabi River Sun Lifestyle Hotel Hazyview
- Sabi River Sun Hotel
- Sabi River Sun Resort Hazyview, South Africa - Mpumalanga