“Great day in the Kruger” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Other Animals Safaris

The Other Animals Safaris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guided Tours through the "Kruger National Park", with world famous guide from the Battle at Kruger.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great day in the Kruger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked a full-day safari with Frank on the basis of previous Tripadvisor reviews, and he more than lived up to expectations. Frank is a friendly guy who's easy to hang out with for the day, and his wealth of knowledge about the fauna and flora of the Kruger is fantastic.
We had a brilliant day and saw loads of animals, including 4 of the 'Big Five'. We saw animals that we would never have spotted on our own, thanks to Frank's eagle eyes - like a pair of lionesses stalking impala on a river bank. Frank is also good at spotting some of the smaller creatures, in fact the dwarf mongoose that we saw were one of my highlights.
We appreciated the fact that Frank takes smaller groups out - we saw lots of safari vehicles stuffed to the gills with people, whereas we were in a group of five total, and feel like we had a more personalised experience.
If you are planning to visit the Kruger, definitely go with Frank.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Laura G
Frank_Watts, Owner at The Other Animals Safaris, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. It really makes it so much more enjoyable with a small group who show their appreciation and enjoyment - it is infectious. Watching those lionesses scattering those poor impalas was really cool. Glad they all got away :-)

Tel Aviv, Israel
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day in Kruger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Frank is an excellent guide! He took us on a full day tour which was one of the most special days in our trip. It is obvious he loves his work.and we all felt like it was a special day for him too, even though Frank has lived in the park for over 17 years. He adapted himself to our interests and requests and went out of the way to make our day memorable. Frank will definitely be our guide again on our next Kruger visit. It is a privilege to spend the day with Frank!
Gonen Family - Israel

Visited August 2013
Frank_Watts, Owner at The Other Animals Safaris, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
It always makes us happy when our guests have an enjoyable safari. It pleases us too when they share this information so that we know we are providing the service we strive for.
Thank you for choosing us to be part of your South African adventure.
Teaneck, New Jersey
“32 days in Africa and the 2 best were with Frank!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

After 2 full day Safaris with Frank, it is apparent that Frank is passionate about his profession and is extraordinarily committed to ensuring his clientele are having an unforgettable experience. I stumbled upon Frank quite by accident. Didn't know he wrote a book and had a video, until about an hour before our second day safari ended. What attracted me to Frank among all the other guides I was corresponding with was his quick response and his willingness to work with us within our circumstances. Before I even met him I felt a connection. Not to mention that his guidance helped with other aspects of our trip elsewhere in Africa. My only regret is that I would have Frank cook our meals as reviews reveal he is an amazing cook and the options at Kruger were not great. Frank answered all our questions, was extremely knowledgeable and entertained my three children with interesting stories about the animals. Traveling with my mother and my three children, two who are teenagers, he was able to connect with everybody. If anyone I know ever goes to S.A on a safari I would give the highest recommendation to Frank. In my dreams I would love to go back and do these days again with Frank, maybe this time with my husband and find a shy reclusive leopard! GC from USA

Visited July 2013
Frank_Watts, Owner at The Other Animals Safaris, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your generous comments. The guests make the safari for the guide, and I had a really great time with you and your family. The biggest compliment will be if you return with your husband and/or friends.....
Providence, Rhode Island
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I visited Kruger for our honeymoon. I started researching safaris and came across Frank's website after watching the Battle at Kruger video on Youtube. Prior to our trip Frank provided us with quick and informative emails regarding the different safari options, what we should pack for the season (winter) and accommodations available. We opted for the overnight safari and were glad we did as all vehicles must be out of the park or in designated areas by 5:30pm.

Frank and "Eagle-Eye Di" are a wealth of information regarding the park and animals that live there. They are genuinely nice people and their profound love for what they do is immediately apparent to anyone on their safari. Although any guide cannot predict which animals you will see in the park, I felt like they had a very good eye for spotting well-camouflaged animals, following tracks and knowing popular viewing locations which in turn increases your chances of seeing more animals.

After our day-long safari Frank and Di cooked us dinner. I cannot eat gluten and they were extremely sensitive to that fact, making sure that everything from the seasoning to the salad dressing was ok for me to eat. They even bought me gluten free crackers!

Go with Frank and Di, you won't regret it!!!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Amanda31184
Frank_Watts, Owner at The Other Animals Safaris, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. The guests make the experience special for us and you guys did a great job.

We are glad you enjoyed yourselves and returned home safely
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Safari ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was our first safari (and my husband's first trip to Africa) - Frank made this experience very special - he was very patient, knowledgable, and answered all of our questions no matter how silly they might have been! he was also a fantastic cook, shared amazing life stories, and I should not even mention that over 2 days we ended up seeing the Big 5 several times, plus very rare animals such as wild dogs. We went to a high end private reserve after our safari with Frank and we all agreed that the safari with Frank was MUCH BETTER and definitely a fantastic value. He really has "soul" and connected with us immediately which made the entire experience wonderful. I would highly recommend his safaris to anyone and I hope we get to come back soon.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank amd0508
Thanks for the flattering words. I will make sure my partner does not see that you think I can cook otherwise I will have to do more than take her coffee in bed lol