Waterberry Hill
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
aha Casa do Sol(Hazyview)
Aan de Vliet(Hazyview)
Machai Lodge(Hazyview)
View Hotel
All reviewsgoatspa bathboma areakruger national parkdirt roadputt putt coursemaster bedroomcleaned every daycleaning staffbourkes luck potholesbottled waterideal locationenjoyed our staylong weekendrecommend this resortkeep up the good workthe cottages
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2013

we recently a mid week stay at Waterberry Hills, the inside of the unit has been recently renovated and is excellent, well appointed furnishings, lighting and bathroom fittings. It all went down hill from there, we arrived on time and were greeted by a pleasant but totally inefficient receptionist. On arrival to our unit we found the sink full of unwashed dishes and the cleaner still making beds and had not yet cleaned the bathrooms,11/4 hours later it was still not finished, so we gave up and went out I complained to the receptionist,as the manager was not available, only to be told they were short staffed, with all the people unemployed in S. A. I find it hard to believe. If we had checked out 1 1/2 hours late we would have been charged for an additional day, so I am of the opinion they owe us a day, fat chance of that happening. The next shock was they wanted to charge an additional R100.00 for the cleaner, which I refused to pay and requested that the manager come and see me, which he did not. Then to add insult to injury we were told that if we wanted to use the Jacuzzi it would cost R60.00 a time. Totally outrageous!!!!
The access road and the internal roads are very badly pot holed thank goodness we have a 4x4. The externals of the units are in a very bad state and the retaining walls are close to falling down. All in all it needs considerable amount of work done on both the roads and retaining walls.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank JohnBrits
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked a midweek at Waterberry Hill in July and asked my sister and brother in law to accompany us. We had no spa bath as we were told that the resort was "fully booked". When we arrived at our unit and inspected it we found that the bathroom was invested with red ants. We went and reported it at the office and they sent someone to come and clean up. The next day when we came back the bath and interior had even more ants crawling all over and we guessed that there must be a nest. We phoned the Manager and complained. He then asked if we wanted to move but as it was late we said No. The next day we moved to another unit. There we were met with a stinking fridge. We phoned for someone to come and clean it up. The smell still persisted after the cleaner left and my husband then decided to clean it with our own cleaning aid. We were rather disgusted that the Manager did not once phone or inquire if things were in order now. No apology for having to move a second time was made either. Obviously they were also not "fully booked" as our neighbours also moved from their first unit. There is also NO MIRROR by the plugs in the rooms if you would like to blow wave your hair. How does this work? I personally think they need to sharpen up on their Management. On one occasion we saw one of the staff members lying on his arms resting. What impression does this leave? Waterberry Hill again? I do not think so. We were extremely embarassed in front of our family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank hennieschoemancivils
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed two days on the 3rd and 4th of August 2013. Directions published on the net were very sketchy and we had to phone in to get directions which were promptly provided. Reception was good and swift. No under cover parking at units. Units look very old and tired from the outside but the accommodation was neat and very clean, spacious rooms, bathrooms and kitchen. Facilities were reasonably well kept although gardens in the winter was very drab, it may well be luscious in the summer. Plenty of monkeys and cats around so we kept all door and windows locked. Very adequate accommodation and very centrally situated for any Low-veld excursion.

Room Tip: Do not take directions from the internet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JanVanWyk_12
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Also had the same problems with the spa treatments that you can't seem to book for. Unfortunately I left my GHD Hairdryer behind, and contacted the resort. Johan, the manager, contacted me, and all I got from him was empty promises of steps being taken, polygraph tests to be done etc. 2 months later, nothing happened, and when I sent a complain to head office he got nasty and told me to come to Hazyview and lay charge of theft at the Police Station!! What a pity!! I do have all the mails and conversations as proof.

Room Tip: A units - they have a jacuzzi
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tricia1302
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at Waterberry Hill from the 3rd - 6th of May. We had a very warm welcome and were served drinks on arrival. Our unit was very clean and spacious. The facilities are perfect for families and there was plenty to entertain our 6 year old. The ONLY let down was the spa - we were given complimentary treatments with our reservation - I went for a facial which was supposed to be an hour long. I was finished in 40 minutes and the facial did not include extractions or a massage.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family