“More than excellent steaks”
Review of Pioneer's Grill

Pioneer's Grill
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Hazyview
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pioneer's Grill, a restaurant situated in Hazyview, Mpumalanga serving the best aged steak in town. We also have a wine cellar with over a 100 wines to choose from. Our butchery, Meat & Coffee Co at the new Hazyview Junction Mall where you can buy aged meat for your braai in the Kruger.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

not only the best steak in town, one of the best of the country, real excellent taste with excellent service, during our stay of 5 days we went every evening and enjoyed this restaurant again and again

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were looked after by Moses, who was very knowledgable of the menu and attentive. I ordered fillet steak which was very tender and delicious but in the pepper and brandy cream sauce which was very spicy and too much sauce, my mistake, should have had it on the side. The whole meal was very enjoyable and my table companions thoroughly enjoyed their meals too. Yes I would go back.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Set in a court yard, the restaurant was busy. I had seen the reviews on here and wanted to see for myself if it was as good as other people say. I had the fillet steak and wow it was fantastic, there seems to be no shortage of good steaks in South Africa and the standard is good. However, the side dishes can often let it down. Here the side dishes were good and the service on time and if you are from Europe you will find the prices amazing.

1  Thank jonjon1971
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Pioneers came highly recommended so obviously we had to try it out, what a pleasant surprise. Nice selection of dishes on menu and although it appears to be pricey the portions are HUGE, especially the 300g burgers, kids eyes literally bigger than their stomachs! I settled for the Mozambican steak, rump topped with chicken livers, fried egg & anchovy (hot!! give it a try). Huge wine list, something for everyone. Overall great food, service & atmosphere. Definitely worth a return visit!

1  Thank Piet F
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was recommended by the owner of the guesthouse I was staying at and I was not disappointed! I had the 300g fillet and its one of the best I've had. The wine list was very good and the desserts did not let me down. I loved this place!