Laughing Waters Guest House
$87
$74
  • Breakfast included
aha Casa do Sol(Hazyview)(Great Value!)
$89
$77
$360
  • Breakfast included
Aan de Vliet(Hazyview)(Great Value!)
$54
Travelocity
Sanbonani Resort(Hazyview)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Pool
All reviewsheather and johnlemon farmcomfy roomgreat home cookedhospitality trayold treesdelightful surprisekruger parkbeautiful gardengreat hostsgenuine hospitalitygreat advicefelt like homea great staywonderful atmospherewent the extra milesouth africa
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hosts were fabulous and the general public areas and garden were in good shape.

In terms of the room we stayed in, the value for money was not up to our expectations. The general room design and furniture placement felt awkward and was not pleasing to the eye. The cleanliness of the linen needs attention. For the price of the room we expected an air conditioner, unfortunately we only had a ceiling fan. The room description said bath/shower, our room had a shower only where the water trickled out of the showerhead.

A lot of small improvements can be done quickly and easily to improve the quality of the guests stay and make the guest truly believe that they have received good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
carolvdw, Owner at Laughing Waters Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Melissa
Thank you for your review and the compliment with regards to the hosting / general public areas / gardens. We highly appreciate this.
I am very sorry to hear that the guest house was not up to your expectations and that you did not feel that you received value for money. I am particularly worried about the comment with regards to the linen needing attention and we are and have always been extremely particular about cleanliness of our rooms and our linen. I would have loved the opportunity to have been able to see this for myself in order to rectify the situation. Being a guest house owner yourself, I am sure that you would have appreaciated the same opportunity.
We do not advertise that we have air-conditioning and infact clearly state that the room is equiped with a ceiling fan.
I personally made the effort to use the shower in this room this morning, while ensuring that the shower in the next door room was running at the same time. It is not a hard flowing shower but I did experience normal pressure and not a trickle.
On making your telephonic booking, there was no particular room requested. Your invoice stated that you were booked into Robin, however, we moved you to Guinea Fowl in order to keep a family, who had booked several rooms, next to each other. Being in the industry yourself, I hope that you will understand why we shifted the room.
I will definately be in contact with you per e-mail as I would be grateful to hear your comments and suggestions on the reason for the room being awkard.
Furthermore, I do hope that you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to make you feel more comfortable.
Thank you once again for your review. No review received is taken negative, we will certainly use your comments as constructive and do what we can to improve.
Kind regards
CAROL

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The B& B so far is lovely and there is peace from every thing the idea of tv out of the bedroom give people time to themselves .I liked the view from my bedroom.Will recommend to others .I t is user friendly to kids .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Laughing house guest house as the guys really looked after and made feel right at home. The rooms was spacious and I really enjoyed the quiet and tranquility of the guest house. I enjoyed the food and would recommend Laughing house to one and all

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

They make u feel at home.Got lost on my way but with their patience we arrived safe. Sure I would love to go again. Peace of mind. Eish but the fact that there is no Tv in de rooms ,I like watching de news

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The rooms are spacious and very neat. Fabulous experience in the tranquility of nature. Quiet and peaceful sleep. The hosts are very friendly and give a home feeling to your stay. Catering is of high standards. Would go back anytime and also recommend Laughing Waters Guest House to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
carolvdw, Owner at Laughing Waters Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Hi Gaby
Happy New Year to you and your family. Thanks for the lovely review. We hope to see you again in the future.
Kind regards