Open today: 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Hazyview
from $63.42
More Info
from $76.81
More Info
All reviews elephant ride elephant interaction african elephants hippo hollow wonderful experience gentle giants these magnificent animals intelligent animals taking pictures once in a lifetime educational experience whole experience south africa tembo camera commands handlers
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019

You can tell they care about the elephants here, and they treat them very well. This is a great opportunity to get up and close to them.

Reviewed May 10, 2019

I was a little leary about an all day excursion for six people but I was wrong. It was a long day for sure, but one I won't ever forget. Starting the day cleaning out a couple of stalls was not something I was looking forward to either, but it certainly provided some perspective on the extraordinary efforts the amazing staff here goes through every day to care for these animals. The interactions are as close up as you can get, very educational and well thought out. It's always been my contention that people don't care for things they can't get close to and feel. You get that here. By the time we left, we could practically identify each of the elephants just by their personalities. The pictures we took back are stunning and have impressed all. This is a special place run by truly very special people.

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

We visited Elephant Whispers this morning. We were greeted by Andre the owner. When our experience started we were then greeted be the handlers and they showed that African Elephants are gentle giants. Way bigger than Asian elephants in size.
These handlers showed us that elephants are very intelligent.
The elephants here are very well cared for and all the handlers actually love their jobs working with the elephants.
After all the initial introduction and getting up close with the elephants, we went for a ride down and around the tracks.
I am in total respect for these elephants and 110% recommend anyone to visit this place. I strongly urge visitors to actually take the experience and ride these giants.
Andre and his team do a fabulous job and provide a excellent understanding of African Elephants.
This is a must see.
I left speechless after my experience

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

This was the first time we had visited Elephant Whisperers. We have ridden elephants before in Zambia and Zimbabwe, however this is by far the best interaction with the elephants. Walking with the elephants is ok but a bit in the short side. Overall would recommend

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

One of the kids wanted to see the elephants, others less interested but tagged along. We had a very educational time and very close encounters with the elephants. Loads and loads of pictures with the big male, feeding him and hugging his leg (6 of us and you go in twos) but everyone really enjoyed it including the taggers!

We did not go on the rides so no comment about those.

Do not bet on the ratio of the circumference of an elephant’s foot to his height.....