Too short stay. That's one thing we can say about our stay at Summerfields. We expected that already, but couldn't fit in another night this trip. However, next time we'll surely do so!
It's a beautiful hidden place, with lovely tents, which we recommend if you are individual couples, as these lay at the base of the river a little distance away from the main building, restaurant and "stone house". Need to say though that we cannot comment on the stone house, as we have not been in there. From the tents you have direct access to the Spa facilities, the swimming pool, the bar and the breakfast area. They serve dinner "above" in the restaurant at the main entrance. You can stroll along the Sabie river and when you'r lucky, see a hippo family going on with their daily routine! Don't forget to make a booking for one of their VERY GOOD massages or treatments.
And just ENJOY, whether it is a short stay or a long weekend, you can't go wrong I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sanctuary of Roses and Luxury. A fusion of African sensibilities with notions of romance and luxury everywhere, Summerfields Rose Retreat and Spa is a true sanctuary for the senses. An extraordinary place of gourmet country-chic cuisine under the stars, spa treatments alongside the Sabie River, rose baths prepared by your personal butler and the soft scent of roses following your every move, allows for a renewed sense of spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerfields Rose Retreat Hotel Hazyview
- Summerfields Rose Retreat And Spa
- Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa Hazyview, South Africa - Mpumalanga