Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
aha Casa do Sol(Hazyview)
  • Breakfast included
Aan de Vliet(Hazyview)
  • Breakfast included
Machai Lodge(Hazyview)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe riverbeautiful rosesmacadamia nutswedish massagefarm to tabletented suiterelaxing massagetreatment roomsout of this worldpure blissluxury tentsmain restaurantromantic weekendfull body massagebath and showervery special placedinner menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2013

What a beautiful setting next to the Sabie river. Best time to visit will be during the day to appreciate the river setting. This restaurant is situated a few kilometers for town, you drive to the parking area and leave your car there. A car guard walks with you along a wooden path to the restaurant, you pass the tented accommodation and the spa. Quit a long distance to walk, wear flat shoes and if you are not able to walk, this is definitely not for you. Once there you can appreciate the lovely view over the river with a table setting on a wooden deck, with white linen and a bouquet of beautiful rose on the table. The wine list and food menu is good. No red meat was available on the menu that was disappointing for me. I had the Rare Beef Fillet Salad as starter and my wife the blue cheese and fig's. That was out of the book. Mains consisted of chicken and my wife had the duck. Pudding was supposed to be a sticky baked pudding, but is was no like the sticky pudding we know, it had dates in and it did not state this on the menu. The pudding was disappointing. The highlight of the dinner was a hippo sighting when the hippo appeared out of the water just below the restaurant area. When you pay your bill you receive a rose to take home with you. What a nice idea. Overall it was a good experience. Due to hippo activity the guard escorts you back to the car along the wooden path way. We can recommend this restaurant but rather have lunch than dinner.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The setting was beautiful on the river...and I mean ON the river or should I say over the river. We booked a treatment and lunch as a morning treat. The professionalism was outstanding, the change rooms were clean as were the gowns etc we were given to wear.

We were taken to the pool deck and were given a drink whilst our feet were soaked in rose petal water and we were handed a scroll of paper with a rose bud...wow..we loved it.

The massages were done over-looking the river and were excellent.

We proceeded to lunch again on a deck overlooking the river in our gowns. Lunch was delicious and the service was excellent.

We were so impressed we wanted to book a weekend there...unfortunately we felt that the prices we were quoted were far too expensive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Heaven on Earth!!! Great food, amazing Spa Treatments on the banks of the Sabie River, Very Romantic, Friendly and efficient staff, Comfortable accomodation. Just loved soaking it up in the bath whilst listening to the flow of the River. An absolute must!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We enjoyed a two day stay at this establishment.The setting is spectacular and the service is of a really high standard.The chef (Sean) was a pleasure to deal with and the food was really good. If you have the good fortune of being served by a gentleman by the name of Innocent, then you will understand how welcoming and at home the staff make you feel - nothing is to much for them. The rose petal bath that the staff prepare for you is fantastic and definetely one of the highlights.

We also stayed down the road at "Timamoon" and although the two are rated in the same category, Summerfields outdoes Timamoon in all aspects.

Room Tip: I suggest room 5 for a really private setting.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my birthday surprise from my husband. The two things that I adore were combined. Spa and Roses. I had the most amazing time at the spa. The natural beauty added to the tranquil and relaxing atmosphere. Words do not do justice to the experience. To relax in one of the treatment areas and only hear the natural sounds of the river and the birds is a blessing not often experienced. My therapist Anna was wonderful and she played a huge part in making this an unforgettable experience.

I have only one complaint.......I am addicted to Summefields Rose Spa and will have to return at every oppertunaty I have.