I was surprised by having a weekend away at this lovely retreat.
The food, service and spa treatments were all first rate.
I don't think this is suitable for a whole family but as a couples retreat definitely! The staff are friendly and helpful and Lienkie , the head chef was excellent! She also uses some of her own "home grown" herbs etc. from the garden at the restaurant, she studied at Spier in the Cape, so how can one not marvel at her creations on a plate!
This is a "spoil you" retreat as it is pricy, but worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sanctuary of Roses and Luxury. A fusion of African sensibilities with notions of romance and luxury everywhere, Summerfields Rose Retreat and Spa is a true sanctuary for the senses. An extraordinary place of gourmet country-chic cuisine under the stars, spa treatments alongside the Sabie River, rose baths prepared by your personal butler and the soft scent of roses following your every move, allows for a renewed sense of spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerfields Rose Retreat Hotel Hazyview
- Summerfields Rose Retreat And Spa
- Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa Hazyview, South Africa - Mpumalanga