“Wow A Diamond in the rough”
Review of Ranch House Restaurant - CLOSED

Ranch House Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The newly renovated historic Ranch House features friendly service, a casual atmosphere, and a health conscious delicious cuisine that is sure to delight your taste buds. The Ranch House menus feature meals made from fresh natural ingredients, low in sodium, sugars and fats and high in quality and taste. All meats, chicken and fish dishes are hormone, preservative and antibiotic free and prepared to your liking upon order.The Rusty Spur Lounge provides excellent entertainment and your favorite beverage while you relax or visit with friends, fellow golfers and other guests of the restaurant.
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
“Wow A Diamond in the rough”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was in Lake Montezuma last week, very hungry, and looking for a good place to eat. If you have ever been to Lake Montezuma you know there is not much in the way of food. Not anymore: I happen to notice a full parking lot in front of a place called "The Ranch House Restaurant", I stepped back in time as i walked thru the front doors, the beautifully restored interior was a reminder to the days of relaxed fine dining. This restaurant was the clubhouse for the Beaver Creek golf course and country club back in the day when this was a golf retreat/resort. after many owners the golf course and clubhouse sat abandoned, subject to several years of neglect and vandals, the restaurant was saved from the wrecking ball by a coalition formed by residents surrounding the golf course. The coalition is still working to get the course up to speed, but the restaurant and bar are in full speed. the day I was there the place was booked solid for holiday parties. Now, lets talk about the food: Fantastic!! I had the Driver Sandwich, wicked good! my friend had the Ruben, same thing, Wicked good! Very impressive menu, Try the Tomato soup! Oh and, the chocolate creme brulee I could role naked in! I saw some very good looking plates coming from the kitchen, can't wait to go back ASAP and try something else! A very comfortable bar is there for your drinking pleasure also. They have a small very cool hotel two hundred feet up the road should you decide to make an overnight-er out of your visit. I give "The Ranch House Restaurant" FIVE STARS, and when the Golf Course is up and running be sure to bring your clubs, and if Frisbee golf is your thing, bring those too as the course is being set up to accommodate you crazy disc golfer too!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank James B

Sedona, Arizona
“It's been years”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place has been closed and falling into serious disrepair for years. It was recently restored and reopened bylocal people. I think they did a really nice job of restoring it. It looks like an old place that has been well maintained.

We went for Sunday brunch. It was okay, but not great. Service was a buffet line, help yourself. The busser was quite good clearing the dishes from the table.

We were pleased that we went, but both figured we weren't likely to go back soon.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent dinning experience”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The food was fantastic. Especially the stuffed pork tender loin. The service was timely and the atmosphere was great.

Lake Montezuma, Arizona
“A great attempt that failed”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I thought that the new ownership and reconstruction would create a great local restaurant. It's flopping. My wife and I went in at happy hour for drinks and appetizers. Well, there is no longer reduced price appetizers, the waitress said they weren't making any money on them. Only some drinks are half price, and the waitress wasn't sure which ones were. Wanted to watch the Cardinals football game on TV and asked the bartender, who didn't know how to change channels, or else wasn't even interested in trying. Most of wait staff was too busy chatting and just lounging about. The manager seemed to be oblivious to anything going on. A staff dress code would go a long way to improving the sloppy appearance. Unless there's more oversight and a staff clean out and reorganization it'll never succeed. I'll not return unless I hear that the place has improved.

1 Thank Robert S
Camp Verde, Arizona, United States
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

From the moment we walked in the door till the time we left it was very disappointing. We walked in and stood at the front desk for what seemmed like 10 minutes while the employes that I can see in the double swinging doors which I believe go to the kitchen were all yaking away about something. I looked at my partner and ask, Should we just go? Just then, someone walked out and realized we were there. The hostess seated us and said your server will be right with you. Another young lady came out and brought us are menues and ask if we wanted anything to drink, but if you want coctails you'll have to wait for you waitress. We told her we wanted wine. She then left. A short time later another young lady walkled out shuffiling her feet and ask what we would like. We gave her our order and she then shuffeled away. First off, her pants were way to long and dragging on the floor and torn at the bottoms, second, I told my partner that I thought a tree had more personallity. Some time later she brought us our meal and ask if there would be anything else. We said no, thank you. Now for the meal. I had ordered the special which was Beef Stew with corn bread. I'm sorry, but the sauce for the beef stew had no taste to it at all. It almost seemed as if they took hot water and added cornstarch to it to thicken it. Very Bland. My partner had ordered the Salmon with Pico De Gello. He said his meal was cold but tasted alright. Mean while, back at the front desk was what I think were other employees haveing a rather loud discussion over someones check that was bad or something like that. I'm sorry, but this kind of behavior is not right in the front part of a restaurant. All in a nut shell, we were very disappointed. Not sure if we want to try it again.

1 Thank John W