“Beautiful mountain and canyon views!”
Review of God's Window

Ranked #10 of 112 things to do in Mpumalanga
Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful mountain and canyon views!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I loved the views of God's window. The landscape has a lot to offer. I disagree with the reviewer who said the path is wheelchair friendly. I brought my 73 year old father and there are sections that are quite steep and areas that drop off the mountainside without being gated off. My mother who uses a cane did not want to go with us. It was too rocky and steep, which is expected for a mountainous area in the forest. That being aside it was a great time and I highly recommend it.

Visited May 2012

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Awesomely Spectacular!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Absolutely fantastic views. Good paved walkways,wheelchair friendly. Numerous staggered watshpoints so if you were crowded ,several others to view from. Rain Forest an added bonus with more spectacular views,however,only one watchpoint! Anyone visiting God's window,make the effort to go up rain forest,well worth it. Dirt cheap R5.00 per car!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RVN_13
Cambridge, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Choose your visit times wisely”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I certainly can't blame the attraction for the fact that it happened to be a clear day on the Easter weekend but the end result was crowds and a generally noisy, cramped view of the scenery.

I am afraid we didn't even make it to the very top (although I have been to the top previously) as every stop on the way consisted of loud, pushy people shoving their way to the front of the viewing platform. Not the best way to appreciate the panoramic views.

So while the scenery is worth a visit, I would caution fellow travellers to choose their times wisely to ensure that they aren't disappointed. Alternatively, just drive those roads in the general area; the views from the road are often just as spectacular as those I have seen from God's window.

Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Sorry, but I can't appreciate”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

consider me an active person. And I can't appreciate what is described as beautiful scenery.

After the window, there is this uphill trek to tropical rainforest. Well, if you have not been to a tropical rainforest, this is just a very, very, very mild taster of a tropical rainforest trek. Good for the locals to come for their weekly treks, me think.

So after, poor reviews of 3 rondavels, Bourke's potholes and God's window, we decided to give the pinnacle a miss. no regrets as our next destination was Kruger park.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank francis_61jb
London, England, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Nice views”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice views but nothing that special. I couldn't see why this place have been given this name as I am sure there are much better views elsewhere.

Visited November 2012