“The most relaxing and exciting holiday we have ever had!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waterberg
Horizon Horseback Adventures Lodge
Reviewed December 16, 2010

The only way I can describe Horizon is to say it is paradise, the holiday of a lifetime that you will want to repeat every year! Riding is perfect for experienced or beginners my husband had never sat on a horse before this holiday and he loved it, the food is amazing, atmosphere brilliant and friendly, we just want to get on the next plane back!!! I can't believe how close you can get to the Game animals on horseback it is so exciting!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 28, 2010

My first time on a riding holiday having not ridden in years and had the most amazing time. The perfect combination of activity, peace, fun, relaxation, good food and smiles!! The horses were fantastic - gave me plenty of confidence - part relaxing rides while game spotting and plenty long sandy trails to get the heart racing. The horses were a joy, responsive and plenty of fun. The atmosphere was casual and peaceful, the people were lovely, food outstanding and though I've never chosen to go back to the same place twice I look forward to my next trip to Horizon. Certainly a place to get away from it all...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I've never felt compelled to write a review on tripadvisor before but after spending a week at Horizon Ranch I felt that I should tell others about this wonderful place. As a beginner to horse-riding, the holiday was tailored to my needs, as it was for other more experienced riders that were there too. The ranch is the most friendly place, with great food, friendly guests and excellent accommodation. The horses are kept in great condition, and the guides knowledge of the game reserves ensures that every ride is filled with animals and knowledge. An amazing holiday

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We've been back to Horizon several times and absolutely love it. The farm itself is beautiful: fantastic riding on sandy tracks, good game viewing and the option for a really varied itinerary. The horses are great - forward going and responsive - and the level of care (both for them and for the guests!) is second to none. You're treated as family by all the staff - it's totally unpretentious but you're extremely well looked after all the same. We look forward to going back many more times. For us, it's a perfect mixture of activity, relaxation, good food and lots of sleep!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Starting as a complete novice, Horizon so fired my ethusiasm for riding that I ended up going back there 4 times in 2 years and getting my own horse! Last year I thought I better break out of my 'comfort zone' and go elsewhere. I have now been to 2 other riding holidays in S. America and Europe and whilst they were both great, nothing can compare to the wonderful atmosphere at Horizon.
I have tried all aspects of the Horizon experience... Horizon alone, Horizon + Dinaka, Dinaka alone and 'The Big 5'. (Dinaka + Botswana) All are wonderful experiences.
I won't repeat the glowing comments from other reviewers, all of which I agree with.
Suffice to say that I plan to make my 5th trip this November which still makes me a baby in the return customer department compared to some of the previous reviewers!
Recommended ++++++

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2009

The week we spent at Horizon was wonderfull. There was a good variety of horses and the staff were totally focused on finding the right ones for us so that we could enjoy our riding. We were there for the first rains of Spring so everything was starting to green up and break into flower. We saw all sorts of game on every ride and the guides are so knowledgeable that we learnt all about the wildlife, the trees, flowers and even insects. After a long dusty ride we were able to swim with the horses, I am not sure who enjoyed it more, us or the horses!!!!

The food was plentiful and good quality, lots of fresh food, all home cooked and very tasty. The accomodation was very comfortable and spacious.

After 2 days I said that I cannot imagine any reason why I will not return, probably same time next year - if I can wait that long!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is not the hight of luxury, but comfortable, clean and welcoming. The horses are well looked after and the staff are excellent. I travelled with my inexperienced husband, who was given loads of confidence, soon cantering along the sandy tracks happily. The trip to Lindani was great, food very good - simple, high quality and loads - not fancy but very good.
Proffessionally run in a very casual seeming manner - highly recommendend for anyone who wants a riding holiday with a difference.
Polocross particularly worth a go!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple