“Bargain”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Polokwane
Victoria Place Guest House
Ranked #3 of 51 Polokwane B&B and Inns
Great Brak River, South Africa
“Bargain”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I heard about Victoria place through friends of mine that stayed there and recommended
it. I was not disappointed that I followed their advice.

It is situated close to the airport which makes it easy to catch your plane on time. It is situated in a quiet street with lots of trees on the premises. Booking in was a breeze and I was in my cottage in no time. I stayed in the Tulip cottage which is far from the street. You have a spacious room with a separate bathroom. There is a table on the porch if you want to enjoy the sunlight.
A fridge and coffee/tea making facilities ensure that you will not get thirsty.

The room was tidy and everything was in working order. I left early the next morning and did not have the full breakfast but it smelt delicious. Everything was well laid out and enough to chose from.

You cannot go wrong staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My trip to Polokwane was a business trip for three nights, along with one other American colleague and a South African colleague who often goes to Polokwane and who selected the Victoria Place Guest House. We enjoyed.

The Victoria Place Guest House is located on a pleasant residential street inside Polokwane and is comprised of a guesthouse, where breakfast is served, and the adjoining "Presidential Suite," which is where we stayed (so I can't speak as to the bedrooms in the main building). The Presidential Suite was somewhat unusual in that, we understand, a president of the country had actually stayed there!

The Presidential Suite, "The Firs," is a completely separate four-bedroom house (two bedrooms downstairs and two upstairs), with its own secure entrance driveway and grounds. It's especially attractive to people travelling together since it has a fully equipped kitchen, allowing people to do their own cooking should they wish, AND a dining area AND a living room with its own larger-screen TV. Certainly if you're travelling for work, there's LOTS of room to spread out your stuff without having to move it when you want to eat, plus attractive grounds. Same-day laundry service is available.

Each of the bedrooms has its own bathroom; my had a bathtub as well as a shower. My room was quite large, with large closets AND a good-size desk (which would have benefitted from a reading lamp), king-size bed with frilly coverings, TV with lots of stations, and a combined air-conditioner/heating unit, and a telephone with listings for the other rooms. WiFi was available, free within broad limits, though it was a bit intermittent and spotty -- perhaps because all of us were using it? Perhaps another hotspot closer to the building would have helped?

Breakfast is served in an large, sunny dining room in the main building, alongside the entrance porch -- a full breakfast cooked to order with a changing array of morning pastries available. It's served for several hours in the morning, ending a little bit later on Saturdays.

The ladies in the office were VERY pleasant and quite willing to provide help, including with access to their printer. Electric plugs in South Africa are different from those used in Europe and the U.S., so I was very glad that they could provide me with an adapter that could be used with my not-so-universal adapter.

Cost was about $70 a night per person for three people, with bed and breakfast. I'd certainly stay again.

www.victoriaplace.co.za

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ed A
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Centrally situated, Victoria Place offers lovely accommodation. The breakfast was great! Cindy, the manager, made sure that I enjoyed my stay while I worked in that town. I could see that she did this for all the guests. Wi-fi access was easy and she helped me with a battery charger for my Ipad. It was better than home because I was treated with such warmth and nothing was too much trouble for her or the staff. I heartilly recommend Victoria Place for guests working or touring in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed at this guest house for one night. The room was cold and dark and very sad. I expected 4 star accommodation and received 2 to 3 star accommodation. The carpet was so dirty and full of stains that I could not walk bare foot on the carpet (see my photos). The wash basin had a black mold growing on it and everywhere I looked maintenance was needed. The ladies at reception talked to you as if you were an inferior human being and were not attentive to their guest. (no stars to them!) They said a president stayed there one time (must have been longggg ago) and they maybe have a 4 star room somewhere but definetily not where I stayed. The room fittings were 3 star at best and the bed linen yellow, thin and old with small holes appearing. The biscuits (or cookies) in the tin smelled stale and I quickly closed the lid. The fridge is stocked with alcohol and sweets but no price list is provided- so beware!
The breakfast lady was friendly and the food respectfull.

Room Tip: Ask for the presidents room maybe?