We just spent an awesome weekend (Saturday morning to Sunday lunch) at Euphoria. We saw the deal on GroupOn and liked it as it was close enough to JHB to go for the weekend.
The staff at reception were very friendly and sorted out our room immediately, even though it was a few hours until our official check in time of 14h00. Being intrepid explorers, we dropped off our bags and headed off for an explore. We ended up walking about 10km around the estate, mainly following the MTB Path. Next time we will definitely bring our bikes as this is a well marked, flattish trail. We ended up at the Halfway House for a toasted sarmie and a few beverages.
After a chilled afternoon we headed up the cable way at about 17h00ish for sun downers. The cable way is pretty unique the trip surprisingly quick. We had a very enjoyable drink on the top overlooking the sprawling land below. The rugby was on and there were a few locals getting 'stuck in' for the night too.
We headed down as we had dinner reservations in the main restaurant. After a quick drink in the bar, we headed to our table and had an amazing supper. I had the Prawn Curry which was excellent and very different as it was made with litchis. We shared a haloumi and mussel starter which was also fantastic.
The next morning we enjoyed a buffet breakfast. The continental side was far more appealing than the full English side of the buffet which looked a bit old and tired. I rounded off a wonderful two days with a lovely full body massage at the Spa. The Spa is amazing as all of the treatments are done in individual rooms, situated right in the forest.
I would highly recommend this spot and must compliment the staff as they were all super friendly and helpful. Even being non-golfers, we found a lot to keep us busy! The inside of the rooms are divine and very modern - all with a flat screen, wall mounted TV, massive bath and smart finishes. The outside of the hotel could do with some neatening up.
I hope they manage to sell more stands on the housing estate as this will add to the ambiance of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Euphoria Hotel, Spa & Golf Estate is set in the beautiful Waterberg Mountains and is easily accessible from Gauteng. Home to numerous game reserves, the area is rich in cultural, historical, natural and geological attractions. This stunning luxury lifestyle estate has its own unique cable car. Guests are treated to a spectacular ride with breath taking views over the golf course and private nature reserve. The 760-hectare nature reserve is home to a wide variety of indigenous fauna and flora. The estate is a stone’s throw from Nylsvley. Though not as large as the Okavango, it is the largest natural floodplain in South Africa, and is famous for its exceptional birdlife. This tranquil setting belies the challenging Annika Sorenstam-signature 18-hole PGA Championship Golf Course. The combination of golf and unsurpassed beauty of the setting makes Euphoria a unique golfing experience. The hotel features a luxuriously rejuvenating hydro and spa, culinary temptations and an inviting ambience. It also has state-of-the-art conference facilities, and is a spectacular venue for the perfect wedding! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Euphoria Golf Estate & Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Euphoria Golf Estate And Hydro
- Euphoria Golf Estate & Hydro Hotel Modimolle (Nylstroom)