“Missed the Border”
Review of Platjan Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louis Trichardt
Platjan Lodge
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Hello fellow travelers. I had the opportunity to sleep over at PlatJan Lodge 2 weeks ago. Long story cut short. I was en-route to cross the Platjan border into Botswana when I encountered an over heating problem with my LR. I decided to go further North and get my LR fixed in Polokwane (Pietersburg). Thankfully places were still open being a Friday. Silverton Radiators came to the rescue and sorted me out in no time.

However this unforseen delay put me back a few hours and I started to phone around. After getting through to young man on the phone I was asked very politely to phone his Mom to check availability. I did so and was told there was space, in fact I and my partner would be the only couple staying overnight. The lady gave me the name of someone who would be waiting for us. Well after all it was the only establishment that actually offered us a place to stay and I must say out of about 10 they were also the most professional and polite. We received our LR back from Silverton and proceeded to drive to Platjan Lodge. It was rather late but we made it into camp at about 20H30 with out any trouble. Upon arriving we found reception which is bungalow doubling up as reception. Quite clever as it makes one feel at home immediately. We notice the TV was on and seemingly no one at home. So after a quick walk about my partner joined me at the front door to find a young gentleman fast a sleep on the couch. We banged politely on the sliding and to no avail. I walked around the cottage to a side window closest to the sleeping person and banged hard. A stir and an apology all at once. The young man came out introduced himself to us and led us to our bungalow for the night. He then showed us around and up to his place for a quick cuppa coffee, which was welcomed before hitting the sack. We thanked him and the proceeded to explore our bungalow. The bungalow has a highly polished veranda and lounge area with a separate kitchen. the kitchen is well equipped and has a gas stove for self catering purposes. 2 bedroom of which one has an on suite shower bathroom and a bath. Lovely to have a bath for my partner who immediately made use of this small luxury. I had a shower hot one. We proceeded to bed and fell a sleep immediately. The bed was comfortable. We woke up rather late and proceeded to ramble about the gardens of the property which are immaculate. Met the staff who were polite and then went to say goodbye to the guy who waited for us. In our opinion Platjan Lodge is the place to stay even for a longer one than one night. Thank you Platjan lodge.

Room Tip: All rooms are well positioned. There is a great amount of Bird life.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I attended/helped to set up a friend's wedding at this lodge. Everyone at the lodge went out of their way to ensure that everything went as planned. Oom (Uncle) Johnny is the manager/bartender/troubleshooter for the entire place. From getting the gas cookers to work, to ensuring the swimming pool was ready for guests, he does it all. If you're looking for a place to take a break and get away from everything, this is one place you should check out. The chalets are all self-catering, so make sure you pack groceries.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo