Havasu Dunes
Lake Havasu Travelodge(Lake Havasu City)(Great Value!)
$89
Heat Hotel(Lake Havasu City)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
$165
  • Beachfront
Hidden Palms Resort & Condominiums(Lake Havasu City)(Great Value!)
$79
Days Inn Lake Havasu(Lake Havasu City)
$496
$81
London Bridge Resort(Lake Havasu City)
$169
Quality Inn & Suites(Lake Havasu City)
$78
Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City(Lake Havasu City)(Great Value!)
$172
$159
Island Suites(Lake Havasu City)
$80
$65
Havasu Inn(Lake Havasu City)
$59
All reviewscovered parkingfull kitchenliving roommini suitebusy roadpaper towelsthese unitspartial kitchenbaking sheethighway trafficcooler monthsread a reviewslot canyonpool and hot tubolder resortsmall poolpots pans
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Peoria Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2005

This little motel is not at all how the RCI representatives characterized it, "A resort of international distinction." The view of the lake is across a four-lane highway. The "studio" units are 12-feet wide and very small. The door to the bathroom is a pocket door and the door to the bed room is a folding door. The place was clean, but not immaculate. The people were nice, but certainly not at the level of a "hotel of international distinction." What's really sad is you could stay at one of the primo spots in Las Vegas for what the Dunes was charging a night. And if you think you can put four adults in a studio, think again. There is one queen sized bed and a pull-out sofa in the living room area. The pools are very small and are "encased" in four walls--a lot of concrete and not much ambiance. If you just want a place to sleep, it's probably okay, but there is a lot of road noise from the highway.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed January 7, 2005

The condo was nothing out of the ordinary. The bed was very uncomfortable because they put a plastic liner on the mattress. We woke up in the morning with a backache (and we often camp so we can't be that demanding). We would not have complained here about much except that the day before our last day (it was new year's eve) we woke up to find that the water was shut off without warning. When we called the front desk, we were told that the water main had broken and that they hoped for water in a couple of hours. We waited. We had to go to the bathroom. We wanted to wash. After a couple of hours of waiting and crossing our legs and contemplating going over to the gas station to use the rest room, I called again to ask when the water might return and was told that it would be at least 3 MORE hours but we were "welcome to come up to the clubhouse for bathroom and shower" because it was only our little section which had lost water.

When I spoke to the manager and asked why we hadn't been told this EARLIER she claimed that they were "dealing with an emergency," and she would not apologize for not having told us about the availability of water in HER building, but would only apologize for the water main problem even though I told her I didn't blame anyone for that - it could not be helped, but what COULD be helped was to inform us that we could still clean up in the clubhouse instead of spending the morning of news years eve hopping around the condo and wanting to wash our hands and face. When I told her that, she said, "well there was one bowl of toilet water available in the condo from before the water was shut off for our use." NOT GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS.

We were so annoyed by the attitude we were given that we checked out that day even though we had another day left and went camping in Joshua Tree - without water but we brought some along with us, prepared.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 13, 2004

We visit LHC several times each year and have stayed at Havasu Dunes 3 different times. The
area is quiet and relaxing, with 3 seperate pool/BBQ
areas. Amenities include all cooking/eating needs,
dining room table, patio chairs, two TV's, pool toys,
video's available for rent, lounge and recreation leader/games. If you're on vacation with the kids,
you can BBQ dinner while the kids are in the pool!
This is my first choice while staying in Havasu, if
there is a special and it's available I am happy!
Great rooms, friendly staff, parking under some
units, just like your own little apartment! Remember?

• Stayed: September 2004
8  Thank PSILU
Reviewed February 13, 2004

The condo was very clean and comfotable with a small quiet pool area.
We traded our timeshare for there and we met up with family. The staff were very helpful. Adjoining the pool area is a TV room with couches and videos (great for the kids). Had to drive up to town a couple of miles to the restaurants. Ma and Pa's is a great place to eat! We would definately return.

6  Thank realmac
Reviewed December 27, 2003

I was out here last Labor Day Weekend. It was wonderful, I was a little afraid of all the hustle and bustle I was told about this weekend where anybody who is anybody from Ca. comes to party on the Colorado River.
Well the Havasu Dunes was the most layed back quiet, clean and comfortable place, I was very pleased. The only thing I didn't like, had to go back up into town to eat, but boy I am glad I did, had an awesome prime rib at this little Italian Joint in the middle of all the chain resturants. Something like Me & Ma's? Bartender, clientel was just so sweet and made me feel like moving there. HA! They're pool set up was in 3 little groups of little condos and each little block has a pool and a hot tub, open 24 hours! Located in the middle of the little court yards. I don't know I didn't hear any traffic! I was on a very relaxing vacation, I heard no traffic! New York City you here traffic!
Where the highway is going in is the most awesome sunset you could imagine, with the exception of Hawaii or some exotic land but it was just georgous sitting out front along the highway watching all the beautiful trucks and boats go by while the sun was going down! Then back to the hot tub! I enjoyed every minute I was at the hotel! Thanks!

9  Thank Lv2Trvl2006