“Great place to stay”

Lake Havasu Travelodge
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The general manager, J.C. Stone, greeted us and immediately made us feel welcome. He took time to get to know us and remembered us the next day when we checked out, greeting us by name. The room was quiet, cool, and contained a very large bathroom (not cramped or small at all). Even the breakfast was great with a little bit of everything, including hot waffles. There's a great Italian restaurant next to the hotel, which is perfect for lunch or dinner. Wifi is free and quick. Overall, if you're passing through, or want a quiet weekend getaway at a great price, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: If traveling light, get a room on the top floor. It's quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
J.c. S, General Manager at Lake Havasu Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you "BrandonM765", for your review regarding Havasu Travelodge. I am very happy that you enjoyed our cleanliness and comfort. I hope to see you the next time you are Lake Havasu. Thank you again for your review, Sincerely, JC

There are newer reviews for Lake Havasu Travelodge

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I can understand the reviews on the site as the Travelodge is good value for the money paid. You just need to bear in mind that despite it being the top rated in the town it isn't a 5* hotel.

The Location of the hotel is very good. You have a view of the lake and can walk to resturants and also down to London Bridge (although that's quite a long walk). Free parking is also provided.

The rooms are clean and tidy and contain everything you need. The beds are very comfortable, linens all look quite new and modern, but the rest of the decor is looking very dated and in need of refurbishment.
The walls of the rooms are very thin and this means that they are quite noisy. We stayed over spring break so had a lot of people arriving back at the hotel very late at night and shouting and singing etc . You do get used to it after a couple of days but it might be a prolem if you have small children or are light sleepers.

As others have mentioned the hotel doesn't have any lifts (elevators) so you have to carry your bags up the stairs. There are only 2 floors and the stairs are shallow and wide so it's quite easy but if you have a lot of lugguage or problems lifting then I'd advise requesting a ground floor room.

The breakfast is complementary but isn't very good. On one day there was coffee and bananas available but the milk, juice & bread for toast had all run out.

The thing that really stands out about the hotel though are the staff. They were very friendly, helpful and efficient and provided a good quality of service.

All in all the hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, the staff are really nice and the location is good. As long as you're not looking for any fancy extras you'll be happy staying here.

Room Tip: No stairs so if you have trouble lifting your cases requst ground floor. Rooms at far end of corido...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
J.c. S, General Manager at Lake Havasu Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you 'EMZIE74", for your review regarding your recent stay at the Havasu Travelodge. You are absolutely correct, we are NOT a 5 star hotel, however, we provide excellent value, exceptional service and the cleanest rooms in Lake Havasu City. Guest are greeted with a friendly smile and are looked after through out their stay. We go above and beyond to service our guest on a daily basis. That is what makes us number one on Tripadvisor. I apologize for the breakfast items not being stocked property during your stay. We have coached our employees to make sure this issue does not happen again. Once again, I apologize. We are scheduled to renovate our rooms this summer, the next time you are here in Lake Havasu please stop by and say hello. I thank you for your review, Sincerely, JC

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My partner and myself had booked a 2 night stay at the Travelodge Lake Havasu. Booking in was easy and quick but beware anyone who has heavy luggage as this hotel does not have a lift. Room was okay for what we paid just the usual bland generic hotel room (maybe a little dated). We did have a partial view of the lake. If you need a decent Wi-Fi connection then you should think again about staying here. The signal strength was fine the speed was rubbish (more like dial-up). The full day we had here was going really well and we were out of the hotel but 8.00am. When we returned at 4.30 the room had not been cleaned in any way or form. I went down to reception to ask why and was informed that I had spoken to the housekeeping staff and had asked for the room not to be cleaned and only for fresh towels. I had to explain to the rather curt young woman 3 times that neither me or my partner had spoken to any member of staff and that we had been out of the hotel for the whole day. She eventually said that she would get the room done. Give her credit within 20 mins she came up and did the room. I know this hotel is cheap but I do not like having to explain myself 3 times to a member of staff in any hotel. The bed was comfortable and plenty of water pressure in the shower. We did not hear a lot of noise from either the road outside the hotel or the Spring Breakers. Air Con in the room was a little lound ant worked well We did not have the free breakfast here either morning. All in okay for what we paid

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you "UKGUYZ", for your review regarding your recent stay at Havasu Travelodge. The culture at Havasu Travelodge is of SERVICE, CLEANLINESS AND VALUE. We want to make sure each of our guest experience our core beliefs while they are our guest. The moment you reported the problem, I send one of our staff member and had the room taken care of within 5 minutes. I also followed up with your partner and he assured me that you were very satisfied with the service we provided. We came short of your expectations, I apologize for that. We provide complementary internet to all our guests, we have a technician on call 24 hours a day. If the issue was brought up to my attention the moment you checked in and logged on, I would have handled it just as quick as I took care of the room. I thank you enjoyed our value proposition and we hope you choose us the next time you are back in Lake Havasu City. Thank you again for your review. Sincerely, JC

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were travelling with our dog. I asked for a quiet room away from pedestrian and traffic noise. We were put in a room on second floor at the very end of the hotel, right above a back entrance off the parking lot. There were people coming and going all the time and talking and smoking beneath our window. I asked for another room the second night and was told that they only had 2 designated pet rooms. Also, the hot breakfast was pitiful. The only hot item was a waffle you had to request someone to make for you in the backroom. We checked out and went to the Hampton Inn with a quiet room and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
J.c. S, General Manager at Lake Havasu Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you "DARLENEP", for completing a review regarding your recent stay at the Havasu Travelodge. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our establishment. We offer other items besides our freshly made waffles in the morning. We have two types of juice, coffee, oatmeal, 4 types of cereals, pastries, and two types of fruits, bread and other items. I am once again sorry that you did not enjoy our complimentary breakfast. Service is one of our core values at Havasu Travelodge that is the reason we prepare the waffles for our guest each morning. We like to serve them instead of them making it themselves. I will address the noise level issue with my staff and take provisions so this does not happen again. Thank you once again for your review. We hope that you give us another chance, sincerely, JC

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The manager was very helpful on arrival, the room had a great wifi connection. Clean and comfortable bed,was great having a microwave and fridge in the room. Air conditioning was a tad on the loud side, having the continental breakfast was a great start to the day!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you "JASONK" for your review regarding your recent stay at the Havasu Travelodge. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will let our housekeeping staff know about the wonderful job that they are doing in these rooms for each guest. I am very glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast in the morning. It is a great way to start your day in paradise (Lake Havasu). Thank you once again for your review, Sincerely, JC

Reviewed March 21, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Recently we traveled to Phoenix. On the way we spent the night at the Travelodge on Lake Havasu. !st of all, we had a bit of trouble booking the room. Although we tried several times, we could not get the on-line Travelodge sit e to book our room. Eventually I called the Travelodge website and thought we had everything all set for a stay at the Lake Havasu property for the next evening. Sadly, when we arrived we were told we were to have stayed the previous night. Know that I had specifically asked for that next night, I was a bit anxious. Instead of a hassle, we were especially surprised when the manager/owner said that it was not a problem and checked us in for the night. I appreciated this follow-through.

We enjoyed the overnight stay and found the room to be quiet. It is at the end of the commercial motel area of the London Bridge Road area, so is not quite as busy, which was good for us.

The breakfast is minimal, but overall fine and what is to be expected. The gal at the front desk asked if we were interested in a waffle. At 1st I answered no, then realized that having a bit of peanut butter on a waffle was the way to go, she was more than happy to make one for me.

Overall. The experience was great.... I do need to warn people that if you have a 2nd floor room, you will need to transport your luggage up stairs to get there, as there is no elevator.