On arrival, I wondered where we'd arrived. It was September, there was building work starting and it was definitely a throw back to 1960s holiday camp days. The ladies at reception were exceptionally helpful and couldn't do enough for us, so a big thank you to them. The rooms were dated and just about clean. There were a lot of cigarette buts on the balcony and in the 'flower pots' that were to catch the water from the air con units. The air con worked well, for which we were grateful. I think that the hotel is being updated and this is something that it greatly needs. I understand that they're also building a new pool. The people that we were travelling with told us not to even bother looking at the one that was there now. The view from our room over the lake was glorious, so this was a major plus point. We hired a jet ski from the business at the resort and that all went well, although they are very committed to checking over the vehicle before and afterwards to see if they can charge you for any damage. It made me feel very wary, but we weren't charged extra for anything, only petrol. The bar in the Turtle Bar and Grill was great, right on the water's edge. It was happy hour when we arrived and the bar man was really helpful and I had several refills of coke without having to pay any extra. The service in the grill restaurant was appalling. I saw the wrong food being taken to the wrong tables three times, cutlery being dropped all over the place and even though a waiter told me he'd be right back with a second plate for me to eat my pizza, he never returned. I've read a lot of good reviews of the Turtle Bar and Grill, so I think that the B team were in action on this night. We only stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to the Grand Canyon and it's location was very convenient. It was lovely to drive through the area and see the surrounding dessert, but I really couldn't recommend the hotel in its current state. My partner, on the other hand, would, because he loved watching the boats pulling up outside the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the island shores of Thompson Bay, The Nautical is the only beachfront resort in Arizona offering guests from around the world superior service and award-winning cuisine. Boasting 139 rooms and suites, with panoramic views of the lake and surrounding mountain ranges, The Nautical is a tropical island paradise for guests to gather and enjoy throughout the year. You pack your things and we'll pack your stay with a wide variety of on-site activities to entertain guests of all ages. Golf, Shopping, Watercraft and Boat Rentals, Kids Zone Waterpark, a Caribbean style infinity edge pool, Sandy Beaches and Pet Friendly, the Nautical has something for everyone. Host to Concerts, Car Shows, Boat Regatta's, the Lake Havasu Balloon Festival, Fishing Tournaments and Qualifying World Class Events, the Nautical Beachfront Resort invites you to Boat up, Drive up or Fly in and experience the vast array of activities that await you on the Island in Lake Havasu City. The Nautical features three distinctive restaurants and bars, allowing our guest's too choose how they want to relax and be entertained. The Turtle Grille offers a relaxed comfortable indoor atmosphere with spectacular lake views. At WET our guests can enjoy a contemporary menu and refreshing drinks at the Palapa Bar or relax in the poolside Cabanas. The infamous Turtle Beach Bar is a kick off your flip flops and chillax in the sand good time. If you're visiting Lake Havasu the Turtle Beach Bar is a must do on everyone's list. A lakeside sandy beach bar with umbrella tables, tropical island drinks and of course the "Turtle Bucket". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Nautical Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nautical Beachfront Hotel Lake Havasu City
- Nautical Beachfront Hotel