I struggle writing this review.....
First impressions were of a great view but then check in saw us leave with various scraps of paper for room, breakfast, wifi etc which hinted at a place behind the times. Our triple room was a double bed and a pull out bed settee. We had to make up the second bed ourselves after playing hunt the linen. The room was large, our (handicapped!) bathroom OK but the sinks for it were in the living area!!
Two new TVs, large fridge but overall it gave the impression of being stuck in the 1980s.
The 'water park' - in truth a few inflatables in the lake, was never open during our short stay due to no lifeguard. The Wet Infinity Pool was nice but bar service ended at 7pm - not much use if you get in at 630.
Day 2 and before we left we hired jet skis. We signed all the agreements everywhere literally becoming liable for every scratch etc on the bikes so a $65 hire charge saw over $2000 on my credit card. Cut a long story short - on the water, due to inexperience riding 50mph machines, two of our party collided. We were 5 miles from shore and one had a serious head injury.
Be warned people - on Lake Havasu if bad stuff happens you're on your own.
We got him back to shore bleeding heavily and just able to hang on to the back of a jet ski - but no-one rang an ambulance, no-one even had a first aid kit. I don't know whether this is an American claim culture thing or the worry of not being able to pay for medical care but surely someone could have done something?
The end result was a $3200 medical bill and $8500 bill to us to repair the jet skis with one totally wrecked. The smiling assassin Barbara in the hire shop kept repeating the mantra that my credit card and details were on file and I was liable and there was no way we could leave the resort before we made good the damage. No criticism here, we owed for the damage but just left with the feeling that as long as the damage was paid for, the resort was happy - the fact they allowed an injured man to bleed all over the floor on shore we were allowed not to pay for. It was a polite mugging - die if you want - but make sure one survives so we aren't out of pocket.
We took this up with the owner who stated that normally medical help would be on site, on shore 5 days out of 7 - I guess today just wasn't our day!
BE WARNED PEOPLE
So why 3 stars in what should have been a 1 star review?
Quite simply Jennifer on reception and her colleagues
Jennifer went above and beyond the call of duty, running relatives and injured to and from hospital, the staff arranged for us to keep rooms late and held them in case we might need to be there for one more night. She was excellent and a credit to the resort
We won't go back to the Nautical when we are next in Havasu - and being pretty much off water sports now will probably never go back to the town.
Well done Jennifer but as for the Nautical Inn Resort - it should be much better. As for the non-existent health and safety at your hire stand - I suggest you look at procedures before you have a death and a major lawsuit on your hands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the island shores of Thompson Bay, The Nautical is the only beachfront resort in Arizona offering guests from around the world superior service and award-winning cuisine. Boasting 139 rooms and suites, with panoramic views of the lake and surrounding mountain ranges, The Nautical is a tropical island paradise for guests to gather and enjoy throughout the year. You pack your things and we'll pack your stay with a wide variety of on-site activities to entertain guests of all ages. Golf, Shopping, Watercraft and Boat Rentals, Kids Zone Waterpark, a Caribbean style infinity edge pool, Sandy Beaches and Pet Friendly, the Nautical has something for everyone. Host to Concerts, Car Shows, Boat Regatta's, the Lake Havasu Balloon Festival, Fishing Tournaments and Qualifying World Class Events, the Nautical Beachfront Resort invites you to Boat up, Drive up or Fly in and experience the vast array of activities that await you on the Island in Lake Havasu City. The Nautical features three distinctive restaurants and bars, allowing our guest's too choose how they want to relax and be entertained. The Turtle Grille offers a relaxed comfortable indoor atmosphere with spectacular lake views. At WET our guests can enjoy a contemporary menu and refreshing drinks at the Palapa Bar or relax in the poolside Cabanas. The infamous Turtle Beach Bar is a kick off your flip flops and chillax in the sand good time. If you're visiting Lake Havasu the Turtle Beach Bar is a must do on everyone's list. A lakeside sandy beach bar with umbrella tables, tropical island drinks and of course the "Turtle Bucket". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Nautical Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nautical Beachfront Hotel Lake Havasu City
- Nautical Beachfront Hotel