“Nautical Inn”

The Nautical Beachfront Resort
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Nautical Inn for New Years for at least the last six years. I don't remember the name of the suites we stay in but when you drive in they are the ones that are straight in front of you when you get to the end of the road entering the parking lot. We always reserve a room on the ground level with a king sized bed. They have two flat screens with a seperate room for watching TV, microwave and a refrigerator. I have never had any problems, and the rooms have always been clean. You can't beat the view.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dpfeifer_11
thenautical, Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for the awesome review! Glad to hear that you and your wife have enjoyed the Nautical for the past six years; we look forward to sharing year seven with you.. Based on the description of the room location it sounds like you like the Beach suites located on the main beach. Thanks again for the review and your comments! Look forward to your return visit this year.. Feel free to contact me when you are ready to make your reservation jenniferb@thenautical.net.

928-855-2141 ext 423

There are newer reviews for The Nautical Beachfront Resort

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our first time staying at this resort. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The pricing was reasonable, the maintenance of the grounds was top notch. The rooms were basic but very clean and the amenities were wonderful. We stayed for 3 nights. Our room overlooked the infinity edge pool area and was in an area I would classify as less family oriented. What I liked was that it appeared that they did their best to put the families in another area nearest the kids water park which was very well maintained and perfect for a family time. We brought our jetskis with us and were able to both launch at the resort and pull them into a dock at night. Even though the area we were in had a younger crowd, nobody got out of control and to us (my wife and I) it was enjoyable to watch them enjoying themselves and just having a good time. The food was reasonably priced and very good. the on-site store was well stocked and also reasonable. We were there over the weekend that a monsoon came through and the grounds crews were out early each morning cleaning up and resetting the beach for the comming day. Resort security was always in sight and made us feel comfortable that our jetskis were safe.
We have already made plans to return again; Give it a try, to me, it's worth it.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room overlooking the waterpark area
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
thenautical, Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for the great review! Glad to hear that you and your wife had such a great time while staying at The Nautical Beachfront Resort. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you again for your wonderful review.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We reserved and pre-paid for our room through Expedia - a room with two Queen beds and a fold-out couch. When we arrived we were given a room with ONE queen bed and a fold-out couch. They unapologetically said they were sold out of the room type we had reserved and paid for, and that they couldn't control what Expedia sold. I find this shady as my understanding is that the hotel sells an inventory of specific room types to Expedia. Apparently, the Nautical Beachfront Resort then sells the same room to a higher bidder, not going through Expedia. We were told to check back to see if any rooms opened up... over the weekend... in July... at Havasu... Not surprisingly, that didn't happen. Nor did they offer to keep US updated and upgrade us to the room we had reserved without our continuously checking. They waived our resort fee for the first night only after our insistence they do SOMETHING. In all fairness, because we had pre-paid through Expedia, this was about the best they could do. I mean, they could have also been nice, but clearly my expectations as a paying customer at a place that bills itself as a "resort" are far too high.
We settled into our dog-friendly room, sans any kind of doggie welcome packet as advertised, and unfolded the sleeper sofa to find crumbs and dirty sheets on the bedding that obviously hadn't been changed. New sheets were delivered and we made up the bed which consisted of fabric covered springs and no padding to speak of. The floor was preferable.
The room itself was rather outdated, but things worked - until our last night when some workers blew a transformer and left us without power for about 4 hours. The surge fried my husband's phone charger, for which we were again credited one night's resort fee.
The pool ran out of towels while we were there. The doggie business park was a small patch of fenced-in dirt.
The housekeeping staff was really friendly toward my dog, they were super nice. It was convenient to be on the beach and have a courtesy dock for the boat overnight. The restaurant there was completely decent.
They need new management and a training overhaul of the front desk staff. Awful, just awful. I will never stay there again and will lodge a complaint with Expedia.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, book directly with the hotel. Get the name of the person with whom you make y...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank DanaRansons
thenautical, Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Hello Dana, thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear that you did not receive the room you reserved thru Expedia or that my staff was not accommodating. I’m glad they were able to adjust off the resort fee for you during your stay. I see that you were in one of our pet friendly rooms; this area was just remodeled this year, the rooms were all painted, have new carpet, new pillow top mattress and flat screen TV’s. Sorry to hear that you will not be staying with us again; I’d love for you to contact me at jenniferb@thenautical.net so I can make sure you have a better experience at the resort. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Nautical we are always striving to make ourselves better.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

As I'm reading the reviews I have to agree with the bad reviews and then to have the manager make a comment as well what a joke.. She even states that the bay rooms are old.. And one review she said the guests love to have a good time but should the guest that want to have a good time borther the other guest? I as well had cob webs inside and out side of my room. I stayed in a bay room as well the others room the more updated rooms were much more money. And the pool they are speaking of I think the deepest end of it is only 4ft deep.and was very crowed and agree with a veiw it felt like jersey shore because of the partying. First hotel I ever went to that allows alcohol in the pool area or even has a darn bar in the pool itself. BEWARE something should of told me party party when i seen that.. There was no soap in our room either and the room only had one chair in it to sit in. And no chairs to sit on the so called beach area. And the A/C on the wall was very loud.. The towels in the room were very thin and not enough for the party of 4 that we had. Called to get more towels and had to wait awhile. And they talk about the resort fee you only get a 1/2 hr at the water park and then you get gofl and all that.. I feel like I was paying the resort fee for the pool with the big bar in it. This hotel needs to advertise that this in NOT a hotel for families because there is alot of partying going on and someone stated that the security is no help.Also the beach area I seen the boats drive right up on it.. Most people stay a hotel for a place to relax while traveling this hotel needs to keep that in mind. And I know while i'm relaxing I don't want to deal with a bunch of party people.. The only postive thing I can stay about this hotel is that the staff at the front desk was very polite and the bed slept ok.. Also I see the pictures and Im guessing these are from the updated rooms. Why don't you post pics of these bay rooms that are cheapest rooms. And they don't tell the hotel guest that the bay rooms are old and that is why they are so cheap. Really need to step up the hotel inside and also do something about the partying. TO many other hotels there I travel for bussiness and have stayed in hotels thought i would try this one out and NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and I was quite satisfied with the location and the convenience to launch my boat. However I never recommend this resort due to terrible bed bugs. My husband and I got some bites there (my kids were ok though). More worse the bed bugs came with us to my house. I have serious problems now even though I changed the mattress. I really regretted staying there.

I booked another room for my friend's family. Fortunately they didn't have any bed bug problem. If you want to take a chance, please stay there.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank beanniemom

The Nautical has had all rooms inspected and 'WE DO NOT HAVE BED BUGS". If you should have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me 928-855-2141 ext 423 or jenniferb@thenautical.net

Reviewed July 9, 2012

You really feel you are on vacation when you are at the Nautical. We have stayed at other hotels in Lake Havasu, and we always come back here again. Very convenient, rooms are big, beds are queen beds instead of double beds. Private launch ramp and overnight courtesy docks.

Room Tip: Beach suits are really great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
thenautical, Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and the nice comments. I'm glad that you and your family have a great time while staying with us. I will share your comments with my team; thank you again for your wonderful comments and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We usually really enjoy ourselves here when we stay, but since this management company came in they're starting to hurt the nautical's business. To start off, they fired the chef's that actually made good food and changed a few things with the food. The salsa they make for the breakfast is too spicy now, it was great how it was before when it was mild. The restaurant should stay open later because we get off the water and so do other boaters and we barely make it or not at all in time for dinner and have to go somewhere else. Before this management came in they would stay open til' 10pm or later. It's rediculous that even if you're a guest there you can't beach your boat in the cove without having to pay a fee, before it was great first come, first serve. I could understand on busy weekends like on holidays because it gets crowded, but during the week the cove isn't packed and they make you move even if you're staying in the rooms a few feet away! And now whe we went to the Turtle Grill this Fourth of July weekend we were very shocked and disappointed to see the menu is now 1/3 the size it use to be and half of the menu consists of salads and appetizers. We were ready to jump in the truck an drive over to Shugrue's (which is an outstanding Gourmet style restaurant by the way) but, we thought we wouldn't go through the trouble of leaving the hotel. That was the biggest mistake. My daughter couldn't find anything on the menu that she used to get and ended up getting a salad. I got a Kobe bacon burger and when it came I was shocked to find it rare inside, and I don't like eating raw meat because of food poisoning. So, I ate my side and I told the waitress I like my burgers well done. So, she took it back to the grill and a totally different burger came back, it wasn't even a Kobe burger, and it was pink too, so my dinner was ruined and all I had was fruit and the lady didn't offer me a different meal or a refund for the burger. She then tried to argue with me and say "The Chef said Kobe burgers don't cook all the way through." when I've had Kobe burgers from other places including Hawaii, and I had no trouble at all with them being under cooked. My daughter ate some of it since we had to pay for it and she was sick to her stomach all night. The next mornin we didn't even bother goin to the Turtle, we got on our boat and went up the channel to a surprisingly good small cafe called the Makai Cafe(also owned by Shugrue's) it's sad to see the management hurting the nautical more than help it. We really liked that place a lot before, I hope they realize soon before everybody stops eating there.

• Stayed: July 2012