“Getting better all the time!”

Super 8 Lake Havasu City
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Parker, Arizona
“Getting better all the time!”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Lake Havasu Super 8 on the 1st of September, 2011 and we could tell the change almost as soon as we arrived. The Front desk clerk was nice and answered all of my questions. She even let me go look at some of the rooms to see if I would like what I saw.

It was 115 that day and it was still about 110 when we arrived. The A/C was on in the front office, the hallways and stairwells. Very nice since the last time I stayed there it was blazing hot and the A/C wasnt on. Big thumbs up for turning on the A/C.

The rooms were much cleaner too. The last time we stayed, we were going to stay for two days and cut it short due to the heat and dirty rooms. Not this time. We could see that the manager and staff there have been working hard to fix the place up and clean up the building and there reputation.

They also have nice soft beds. I thought they had pillow tops, but it turns out that the manager had a really good idea and put on this mattress liner that is nice and soft so that with the mattress and there you have it a restful nights sleep. All this and a good price too. The price is right for a budget minded traveler.

Please keep it up, don't stop, don't give up. We plan on staying again this year.

Thank You C. M. Peterson General Manager

Room Tip: If the clerk doesnt ask, ask to see a room or two before you rent it. It really helps
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
super8BYU, Sales & Marketing Representative at Super 8 Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Daniel J,

Thank you for your compliments! New Management and Staff have been working hard towards improving our services and the aesthetics of our property. It was very kind of you to take the time to post a review and give us recognition for our hard work. We hope to see you soon in Lake Havasu City, and thank you for choosing to stay to with us!

Super 8 Lake Havasu-Manager and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Redlands, California
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were not able to check in until 3:30 when check in time is at 2pm. The room they tried to give us on the third floor was dirty and not cleaned. They were allowing us to put our stuff in there so we could launch our boat. We tried to plug in our cooler, but none of the plugs worked correctly and were extremely loose fitting. The room was sweltering HOT. They then moved us to a room that was clean, but again the air was not turned on. We waiting a couple a hours and the wall ac units would just not get the room cooled down. We then were moved to the second floor and the ac worked so much better. Still an issue with the plugs and they either were not working or were just too loose. Breakfast was simple and no complaints there. Do yourself a favor a spend a few more dollars for a better place.

Room Tip: book at super 8 website for better deals and AAA discounts
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
S8_MGR11, General Manager at Super 8 Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Cbr600gir- I want to apoligize myself for what happen during your stay here at Super 8. Since your stay here, We have gone threw a new Management change and a change in Housekeeping. Now to address your concerns. Yes check in time is 2:00 pm not 3:30, Upon your arrival the motel should of had some clean rooms available and if not offered to store your bags at the desk and move them into your clean room when ready. Since taking over as General Manager, myself and my staff have gone room to room to address concerns with housekeeping issue and with maintenance with issue of plugs not working and A/C not cooling down the rooms. I would like to insure you that all your concerns are taken care off and when you are again in Lake Havasu city to call me direct and give Super 8 another chance. Thank you for your review of Super 8 and I look forward to improving the quality of standards here at Super 8. cmp

Travelers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Sarasota
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We booked the room in advance trough the web. On the web, there were old pics, it looked nice and o.k. We booked through the S8 web side, to make sure to get a good motel. Super 8 -> We promise!!! ??????????
When we arrived on the very very dirty parking lot, we were wondering. Then we checked in, the guy at the registration was very unfriendly and it smelled strongly like curry in there. The windows weren´t cleaned a long time. The stairs and the hallways were unbelivable dirty and you could see a lot of dust in the corners. When we got into our room, it smelled not good. We checked out the bathroom and the beds, very dirty. The linens were NOT changed, they were dirty and and I don´t want to describe, what we saw. We went back to the registration, to change the room. The next room was even worse, the linenes were not changed and had spots of ......... Then we went back to the registration again and the guy got more and more unfriendly, giving us keys for the 3rd room...... the third room, the same again. The pool area was very dirty, too, for sure never cleaned for a long time. This place needs to be checked out by the HEALTH DEPARTMENT!!!! And they need to take off the Super 8 Signs emideatly. When we tried to leave the motel, we got trouble, to get our money back and the guy wanted to call the police and fight us. We wish, he did. Then I called the Wyndham cutomer service and they solved the problem. They booked us in the Lake Havasu Days Inn without an extra charge. That place was perfect. So if get to Lake Havasu, don´t stay at this Super 8 on London Bridge Road. You might get health problems and deseases if you stay there, it´s like in a suburb of Kalkutta. We´re travelling a lot, staying at least one or two month a year in motels. We never saw someting like this before. DON´T STAY THERE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Route66Arizona
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 12, 2011

When we checked in, we were told the room we were supposed to be given had a door lock problem, no biggie, they gave us the room next to it, that room had not been cleaned, they apologized and moved us to the next room over... that one was worse. The cleaning crew had already gone for the day so I ended up telling them to just give me the first room and they said they would work on the door. The next day when our group came in off of the lake, one of our friends complained to the manager that when they arrived the night before, their bathroom had clearly not been cleaned as there were urine stains on the seat and it was messy. Since they were exhausted from the drive they just hit the sheets and slept knowing that it would be cleaned the next day. It wasn't cleaned this day either so she went to the front desk asking them to have the room cleaned. The manager said that it was impossible because he checked that floor personally and they had all been cleaned. He said that he showed a privacy please sign was on their door. After talking about this later, none of us even knew or saw a privacy please sign in any of our rooms. They got into a shouting match because he claimed that she was calling him a liar, and told her to get out as he was going to call the police. Too tired to deal with all that drama, I went up to our room to find that it had not been cleaned either. I went back down and told him our room which was down the hall had not been cleaned, we were changing quickly to go out to dinner with the rest of the group and I expect to have it cleaned by the time I got back. He looked at his list and said that he showed that our room did not have a privacy please sign on it he was very quite and said he was sorry and they would have it cleaned, amazing how he said he checked them all himself and missed ours just down the hall. It was clean when we returned. Management needs to get all over the cleaning help and not scream at their customer threatening to kick them out and call the police. All she wanted was a clean room. Later when our friend tried to take this up with Super 8 corporate she was told, that the manager had reported to corporate that "the lady's friends had contacted them and apologized for their friends behavior" Not in a million years would I ever stay here again, and I hope that they get "NEW" new management soon. Management had terrible customer service. I wasn't going to write anything until I heard that the Manager tried to cover his behavior by lying to corporate about it. That changed my mind.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Topherball
S8_MGR11, General Manager at Super 8 Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear Mr. Topherbal- First of all I wanted to Apoligize for the events that took place at the Super 8 during your stay with your friends up on the 3rd floor. I can ensure you that some if not all of your comments and concerns are personally in my hands and are being addressed at this time. I would also like to inform you that I am making changes in the cleaning staff and procedures of the hotel. I also need to inform you that there has been a management change at the hotel and I would like to ask you and your friends back for another chance at staying at the Super 8 here in Lake Havasu City. I please ask that you call the hotel direct and ask for the General Manager. I thank you for your rewiew and I am excited on the changes at the Super 8 and look forward to having you stay with us again. cmp
Anaheim, California
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for few nights while on a business trip. Hotel may not be as new as the Hampton, but it is well kept and clean. My room had a nice view of the lake. Rooms are spacious and clean meets all the essential necessities. It is within walking distance to the London Bridge, and from nearby restaurants. I would definately recommend anyone to stay at this hotel whether it is for leisure or business travel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I will never stay in this hotel again. taps leaked.Needs a bunch of just plain repainting and renovating. Terrible reek of smoking. Pool was ok. Ultra basic breakfast. Ugh!
Positives: Close to the London bridge and quite a few restaurants. Staff friendly.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gman020
St. John
Reviewed February 15, 2011

“Great Hotel”

Hotel exceeded our expectations. Rooms were great even though on the small size. Service was excellent. Location was very convenient. Recommend highly

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business