“Beautiful lake views from the spacious balcony”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have stayed here three or four times and find the rooms to be comfortable and generally clean. There is an indoor pool, which is handy, although the rest room in the pool area is not superb. The provided breakfasts are quite sufficient to start out the day. The managers are pleasant and easy to deal with, and have been obliging of any requests. Some of our rooms have had minor plumbing problems. The hotel is handy to many good eating establishments and within walking distance to London Bridge.

Room Tip: Pick a lake view room or the rooms with a king bed on the lake side, which have kitchenettes, if you...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My sisters and I stayed here on another family member's recommendation. Sammy and Sima are very kind people and they do their best to serve and help guests. The room was your basic hotel room and exactly what we expected for the price. It was simple and tidy. We had a small fridge and microwave which served us well. We did bring our own coffee maker as there were 3 of us and the mini one in the room wouldn't make enough. However, in the mornings, you can go downstairs in the lobby where they offer fresh coffee and juice. They also offer cereals, breads and fruits. There is an ice machine downstairs next to office; make sure you have a plastic protective bag in your ice bucket.

The indoor pool was refreshing coming in from the heat outside. Our room was not a view room and on the street side which overlooked a pizza joint and dog boarding place. Not the best view. The other side of the hotel did have views of the lake from individual room balcony. I wish we had one of those rooms.

The only thing I can say about this hotel that wasn't quite up to par, was the plumbing was very slow. In other words, the draining of water from the shower and sink were at a snails pace. That is why I gave this hotel a very good vs. excellent. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay and it met our needs.

Thank you Sammy and Sima!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

THIS PLACE IS SKETCHY AND SCARY !!! I was so paranoid about my card because the owner threatens to charge you more and then tells you strange things like hes watching you on the cameras in the hall ways . he lives in the back and I have never been spoken to like that by a man he screamed and cursed at me when I asked for more towels saying I had more people in the room I just wanted more towels LOL. it might be a lake view but its far from the lake . .his wife smacks him across the head and I had not checked in yet I saw that as a bad sign BUGS IN ROOM THEY DONT CLEAN THE SHEETS THEY JUST RE MAKE THE BED THEY DON EVEN VACCUM. they will give you on towel fro king suite and make bed with old sheets and disgusting oldddd blanket ew WISH I READ SOME OF THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I BOOKED IT BUT JUST STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU READ THIS LOL JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT AND HAVE A BETTER TIME THAN I DID :) I feel it would be good karma to write this review I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I did !!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank lance b
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We dropped by Lake Huvasu because we noticed we weren't that far on the map and thought seeing the old London Bridge in Arizona would be fun. Lake Huvasu City is truly weird and has no right to be there. A resort in the middle of the desert! Even in April, it was 38 degrees so you'll need plenty of sunscreen.
The bridge is really amusing. Set in a Disneyfied version of "olde London". Worth a detour for a giggle (and some fun photos).
The Inn was comfortable, though a little shabby. Aircon was essential. We had a fabulous balcony and view of the lake. There's a nice looking pool, though we didn't get to try it.
Great "local" pizzaria directly opposite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Following our stay at this dreadful place I felt it necessary to make a formal compliant to the choice hotel group.
I was offered a basic room for $79 + tax and a suite at $89+ tax. I checked with my wife & returned to be told there were ONLY SIUTES LEFT. So I booked for 2 nights at $89 each + plus tax. The bathroom light/heater would not turn off and they offered to move us into a guess what, yes a BASIC ROOM.
In the morning I went to speak to the man I had dealt with the previous day, to discuss a refund of the difference in the room price & all hell broke loose, he flew into a terrible rage, I tried to explain that I was only interested in a refund of the difference of the two room prices he had originally quoted me.
By this time he was shouting and swearing at me. Then totally out of the blue he called me a racist, which I am not and I take exception the accusation. He was swearing using words like Mother [--]. So I walked away in attempt to calm the situation, he went into the office only to return a moment later saying he would give me the refund.
The next day at checkout he started again, refusing the refund he had agreed to. He then turned to my wife and told her to take her husband and [--] off, he then stuck a middle finger up at her. His wife then came out to find out what was going on and we were given the $20 refund and we left. He then followed us out to the car park swearing at us.
We and everyone in the lobby were horrified by his behaviour, we are senior citizens from the UK and truly hope no American ever gets treated like this in our country.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Jools311
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I checked out the reviews in the Lake Havasu city area and booked based on the rating... big mistake.
The Manager wasn't professional - I don't believe Sami has ever attended a customer oriented course - I believe he owns the place and runs it his way. Check in was gruff and he was upset I had booked with Expedia because that meant he hadn't got his money for the room.
Room was surface clean only. beds were nicely made and clean towels on the rack but carpet was dirty and showed debris in the corners and along the edges. not that I tried to examine too closely but when you are sitting in the extremely small bathroom it is hard not to see all the evidence of previous visitors snacks along the edges and corners.
There was no hot water for the morning showers - 2 mornings in a row - only lukewarm. Sami didn't care - only said that was the way it was - it was not like the whole place was fully booked.
breakfast is in the lobby - first morning we barely got a waffle.. Sami didn't want to get fresh batter until another guest pressed him for it. no fruit , no yogurt. there was juice and cereal and bread. second morning there was just bread and cereal. no explaination for the missing waffle maker.

There are more hotels in the area so unless they are all booked don't stay there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank adrienne l
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Read it's not a bad place,,,but it not a good place ethier bed spread was dirty place is old and dated only thing nice was the front desk lady!,she was helpful .the place does have nice evening view. Don't make me write 200 words .its not going to get any better

Stayed: February 2013