“Comfort in a loony city”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Maldon, United Kingdom
“Comfort in a loony city”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We dropped by Lake Huvasu because we noticed we weren't that far on the map and thought seeing the old London Bridge in Arizona would be fun. Lake Huvasu City is truly weird and has no right to be there. A resort in the middle of the desert! Even in April, it was 38 degrees so you'll need plenty of sunscreen.
The bridge is really amusing. Set in a Disneyfied version of "olde London". Worth a detour for a giggle (and some fun photos).
The Inn was comfortable, though a little shabby. Aircon was essential. We had a fabulous balcony and view of the lake. There's a nice looking pool, though we didn't get to try it.
Great "local" pizzaria directly opposite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Following our stay at this dreadful place I felt it necessary to make a formal compliant to the choice hotel group.
I was offered a basic room for $79 + tax and a suite at $89+ tax. I checked with my wife & returned to be told there were ONLY SIUTES LEFT. So I booked for 2 nights at $89 each + plus tax. The bathroom light/heater would not turn off and they offered to move us into a guess what, yes a BASIC ROOM.
In the morning I went to speak to the man I had dealt with the previous day, to discuss a refund of the difference in the room price & all hell broke loose, he flew into a terrible rage, I tried to explain that I was only interested in a refund of the difference of the two room prices he had originally quoted me.
By this time he was shouting and swearing at me. Then totally out of the blue he called me a racist, which I am not and I take exception the accusation. He was swearing using words like Mother [--]. So I walked away in attempt to calm the situation, he went into the office only to return a moment later saying he would give me the refund.
The next day at checkout he started again, refusing the refund he had agreed to. He then turned to my wife and told her to take her husband and [--] off, he then stuck a middle finger up at her. His wife then came out to find out what was going on and we were given the $20 refund and we left. He then followed us out to the car park swearing at us.
We and everyone in the lobby were horrified by his behaviour, we are senior citizens from the UK and truly hope no American ever gets treated like this in our country.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Jools311

Travelers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I checked out the reviews in the Lake Havasu city area and booked based on the rating... big mistake.
The Manager wasn't professional - I don't believe Sami has ever attended a customer oriented course - I believe he owns the place and runs it his way. Check in was gruff and he was upset I had booked with Expedia because that meant he hadn't got his money for the room.
Room was surface clean only. beds were nicely made and clean towels on the rack but carpet was dirty and showed debris in the corners and along the edges. not that I tried to examine too closely but when you are sitting in the extremely small bathroom it is hard not to see all the evidence of previous visitors snacks along the edges and corners.
There was no hot water for the morning showers - 2 mornings in a row - only lukewarm. Sami didn't care - only said that was the way it was - it was not like the whole place was fully booked.
breakfast is in the lobby - first morning we barely got a waffle.. Sami didn't want to get fresh batter until another guest pressed him for it. no fruit , no yogurt. there was juice and cereal and bread. second morning there was just bread and cereal. no explaination for the missing waffle maker.

There are more hotels in the area so unless they are all booked don't stay there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank adrienne l
Romeo, Michigan
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Read it's not a bad place,,,but it not a good place ethier bed spread was dirty place is old and dated only thing nice was the front desk lady!,she was helpful .the place does have nice evening view. Don't make me write 200 words .its not going to get any better

Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Glenn M
Healy
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We chose the Rodeway Inn at Lake Havasu for the nice location with a view of the sunset and the lake. The upstairs, lakeside rooms have a particularly nice view. There is an open gravel field west of the hotel so you can walk down to the lake. The hotel also has an indoor pool and spa which were appealing and nice to swim and soak in a few times. The television and internet service were adequate though dated.

The problem we had with the hotel is that the staff doesn't keep up with maintenance and cleaning. The sliding glass door to the balcony was filthy and the screen door completely dysfunctional. The king bed was misaligned on the metal frame so that my wife scraped her ankle on the protruding framework. My side of the bed sagged because the edge was not supported by the frame. The bath tub had no stopper so it could not be filled. The sink also had no stopper but did have an old toothpaste lid stuck in the drain. The refrigerator was quite wet inside when we got there and was noisy when running.

We used the swimming pool on two different days and found the same cigarette butts on the pool room floor next to the spa tub both times. I stepped on a small metal screw on the pool room floor which apparently had fallen out of the drinking fountain valve handle which was also on the floor.

The hallway carpets were filthy with some red glittery substance and dirt and gravel. Outside the front door to the hotel we saw the same paper garbage all three days right next to the door.

The breakfast was just bread and donuts and cereal. The coffee was good.

The maid was very nice to give us more coffee for the second day and some clean towels. The manager was politely efficient with checking in and out although somewhat curt and not particularly friendly.

Overall our stay was nice enough and the large room a bargain for $56. But it would have been a lot nicer if the management took any pride in the appearance and functionality of the place.

Room Tip: Second floor lakeside are the best rooms. Downstairs lakeside are okay but people will park right i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William F
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here because I read the four and five star reviews. Sorry, planned on two nights left after one. Dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Pillow cases stained and dirty looking. Doubtful when the sheets were last changed. TV is old. No closed caption " I am hard of hearing" and no audio out jacks to attach my headphones. Breakfast is less than continental, toast at best. Sorry, never again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed in a "King Suite"....Hah! he only thing King Suite was the price. "Lake View"? yeah, if you stand on a chair and squint..."Balcony"? yeah, 2 dirty plastic chairs at the edge of the parking lot...The only hotel I've been to in years that still has the original TV's it was built with, and furniture from yard sales. Bath room is dirty and only 32 inches deep, from door to tub.... just enough room to cram in a constantly running toilet. "Vanity/Sink" in front entrance has caulk peeled off around the edges, and even a variety of light bulb styles and intensities in the light bar. "Kitchenette is microwave that is crowded with single bag of popcorn, and mini-fridge rattled, hummed and squealed every time it turned on. We had to turn up the volume when watching TV, and had to unplug it when we went to sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple