“Great Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Uk
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was our second stay, previous one was 2010 and it was just as good as we remembered. Its a convenient location for siteseeing and if you request an upper floor on the lakeside then you will be rewarded with a lake view, albeit slightly obstructed by telegraph wires! The manageress is very friendly, the rooms are well maintained and furnished, with every amenity you could wish for. Breakfast is basic but adequate. Do try Marios Italian restaurant on the next block, the food is excellent

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor on the lakeside.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Retire09Uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Orchard Park, NY
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We took an inpromto trip to Lake Havasu, so we did not have any prior hotel reservations. We found out there was a convention in town, and several hotels were full. We walked into the Rodeway and a room was no problem - we even got a lake-view suite for only $89. It's very conveniently located to the London Bridge and all of the waterfront activities. The room was clean and nice, the bathroom was clean, and it had a nice balcony with 2 chairs to sit and view the lake from. That night, we used the indoor pool and spa - the pool was a little chilly, but the spa was wonderfully relaxing!! The next morning, breakfast was not a great spread, but there was 3 kinds of cereal, muffins, bagels, fruit, coffee, milk and juice. The hotel was nice and quiet - no complaints - and we would DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone in the area!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie A
Fountain Hills, AZ
Reviewed May 29, 2012

A dump. Dirty, old, smelly, noisy. Kids running in the halls I believe were the owners playing in their "play ground". Sinks / toilets were rusty. GO ELSEWHERE with your money!

And on top of it all, the stay didn't count towards the Bonus program after I made the effort by driving from Parker, AZ to stay there. National Customer service was "unable" (unwilling) to assist as they consider it an Economy Hotel, even though I was charged more than the Quality Inn I stayed at later in the week in the same town.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank d90

Travelers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I was on a leisure trip and stay at the Rodeway Inn thinking that is was going to be okay but the staff was nice and the amenties....The breakfast was fair compare to Super 8 next door. I would recommend this to anyone who is in town for leisure.... :)

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are the best view for the money....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Sorry, the management really has no comprehension of how to be in the hospitality industry in the US. They basically are living in an apartment there, including all the social contacts, the noise, the smell of curry, etc. They put a sign out in the "lobby" to ring a bell to extract them from their living space. They park there personal vehicle under the unloading section normally kept clear for hotel guests. They became irritated when we asked if we could have a remote control to operate the tv in our room with the sofa. They said "use the tv in the bedroom"...uh, ok...and then the female "mngr.wife" said her husband would find one later. We went out to eat and upon return found that he hadn't done that at all. After extracting him from their family living space, he stomped up to a different room and took the remote from that room, then shoved it at us. uh..ok....kinda wonder if this trading remote situation happens endlessly there?
Anyway, we had made the mistake of advance paying for two nights...no refunds, of course, that is your reward for booking two nights, instead of trying a place for one night...
The room...broken knobs, light switches which do not work...the room next to us had at least 10 people going in and out of it for several hours..they all spoke the same language as the managers...and seemed to all be related...and guess what? None of them actually stayed the night in the room....Rodeway Inn needs to investigate this set of managers...
Much more could be written...just trying to give a warning here...first review I have ever wriiten about any hotel...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lucky O
California
Reviewed January 9, 2012

As someone else said, you get what you pay for. The room seemed to be newly painted (nice colors), was nicely decorated, and was large, but there was a lot of mold on shower curtain. After a 5 minute shower I was ankle deep in water. The top part of the coffee maker (where you put the coffee) was quite dirty and the sink had no stopper in the drain. The coffee table that was by the pull-out couch had sticky stuff on the edge of it. The continental breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My family stayed at this hotel during a weekend of baseball. The room was a nice size, however, when I called to book my room I asked for two queen beds and a kitchenette. I was told they had one more room that fit that description. When I checked in, I was disappointed to find one king bed and pull out couch. I went down to the office and the lady told me there was no way she told me that I could get 2 queen beds with a kitchen because they don't even have kitchenette rooms with 2 queen beds. Not off to a good start. Other complaints I have is their mimimally stocked kitchen....not even a can opener. Very tiny bathrooms, and poor customer service. The last night of my stay, I was downstairs doing my sons laundry and the man from the front desk called my room and yelled at my kids who were in bed watching a movie. Evidently somebody complained of loud noises from the area near my room and the staff assumed it was my kids....which it was not. My daughter came downstairs crying to me because the man from the front desk scared her when he yelled at them on the phone. Needless to say, my family will not be returning to Rodeway Inn & Suites.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family