“Best Beds EVER”

Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I stayed here while I was relocation from Oregon to Texas. We mainly wanted to see the town and we didn't have many options for hotels. We are Marriott people, but there were no Marriotts so we chose the Hampton Inn instead. We did not arrive till late in the evening but the desk clerk was very nice. She had found my Mom's Hilton Honors number already and attached it to the reservation even though we didn't ask about it. Our room was a "lake view" room. The halls were a tad narrow and humid, but it's Arizona and we are on a lake....so I can't hold the Hampton to that one.

Our room was great, very clean. It was nice to see a mini fridge and a microwave in the rooms. I wish we would have stayed longer too! I love love love Hampton Beds! I loev the bedding, the mattress, the pillows, EVERYTHING! I had the best nights rest!

Breakfast was just alright. I'm not a fan of premade egg paties and ham sitting in water in the buffett. I know Hampton changed their breakfast right after we stayed too.

All in all it was a comfortable stay and I would go back with more people for summer so I could actually enjoy the Lake!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City

Reviewed April 2, 2009

Pretty typical Hampton Inn, although showing quite a few signs of wear and tear.

We had a balcony room with a view of the lake in the distance. The distance is probably a good thing if you like peace and quiet as there was a lot of noise from the lake (altho it was the tailend of Spring Break!). Another point to note about the balconies here is that they are not at all private and separated by a low railing from your neighbour - fine if you're feeling sociable, but not so good if you're not!

The hotel is a very easy walk to London Bridge in the daylight and just far enough away to make it a quieter location if you want that. At night, however, the streets are very poorly lit so walking out for dinner or whatever could prove quite a challenge. The nearest restaurant (Cha Bones) isn't too far, however.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PooksNorthCarolina
Reviewed March 28, 2009

This was a stop-over and was cheap and quiet on our visit. Friendly staff, clean rooms and time to regenerate whilst on the road. Free use of business centre which was ideal. However the breakfast was truly awful - self service and powdered scrambled egg. But I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stop over en route from A to B.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bachgyn123
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I'm a road warrior and know hotels. This is the best place in Havasu but below Hampton standards. I've stayed here several times in the past six months and have the same problem with the showers. The head is so restrictive it will double your shower time, honestly. Mostly air comes out of it with some water. It takes so long to lather up and then rinsing is a long time. I've mentioned this to the front desk to no avail.

The breakfast is standard Hampton with lots of carbs and a mystery egg puck. This egg on a something is the worst. All Hamptons serve this thing. They also have biscuits with no gravy; another standard Hampton item. Nobody eats the hard biscuits because they rarely have gravy. Front desk said they're trying to include gravy for these hard biscuits.

This town needs a Holiday Inn Express or a Marriott property. This property is so below Hampton standards but it's the best going in this town.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Stopped for one night. large, clean room with a view of the lake. Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast buffet, stay away from the egg things, weird taste and texture.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I think it's a former Holiday Inn.We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly.It is a busy place,but quiet.There are some long term guests and contractors that stay here.The hotel is nice but showing its age,needs some updating and clean up.Our room was average size,bathroom seemed small.(Think spring break hotel).They have a few rooms that have balconies facing the lake,other than that the windows don't open.
A/C is really loud.There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance,Cha Bones was good.There is a park area adjacent to the hotel,good for walks.
We would consider staying here again because there didn't seem to be anything that much better,especially for just a night or two.Also,we would request a lakeside/balcony room.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MinnesotaTravelindog
Reviewed November 28, 2008

We stayed here as a one night stop off on our way from OR to AZ. The property, in general, is well kept. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. There are lots of restaurants near the hotel.

The room had two queen beds that were the standard Hampton Inn beds - a bit too hard for this side-sleeper, but most hotel beds at this price point are. I snagged the extra blanket from the closet so I could fold the comforter up and tuck it under myself for extra padding - it was lumpy, but better than without.

I was disappointed with the shower - it was a standard Waterpic that just didn't have enough settings or pressure to give a great shower. The towels and paper products were decent (not too hard and scratchy or skimpy).

The TV volume kept dropping out (I find this a lot in hotels for some reason).

The A/C was a window style unit that is hard to control and is pretty loud, but it was working and helped to block any corridor noise. It ends up being a little breezy for the person sleeping closest to the window.

I appreciated the fact that the in-room fridge had a small freezer compartment that kept my blue-ice mostly frozen.

The breakfast area was large and well stocked.

The free wireless worked well both in our room and in the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank galavantersjoy