“Beautiful Setting On The Colorado River”

Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I do a great deal of traveling in my career and visit this hotel every other week for one or two nights. It sits close to the Colorado River where there is a lot of boating and water activities. However, even though you can view these activities it is still quiet and very clean. The people who work here know your needs and will do all they can to meet those needs. Very friendly staff and always welcome me with open arms when I arrive. They even know which room is my favorite and always accomodate me with it. Breakfast is free and delicious and there are several restaurants close by that are very popular here in Lake Havasu. The employees do all they can to make your stay very enjoyable. Very clean rooms and comfortable beds, free internet & as mentioned free breakfast. Great place! Thanks especially to Liz and Jerry who have been here a long time and know how to best serve you.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floor for best view of the Colorado River
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your many visits and nice review. We really enjoy getting to know our guests, and making sure that everyone is comfortable here. Liz and Jerry are two of our best, and I'll be sure that they receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We all appreciate your acknowledgement of jobs well done by our team here. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again and again and again...

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while we were traveling from Georgia to California per military orders. The hotel was very clean along with the rooms. The check-in staff was very helpful. The halls were very warm but it was very warm outside.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jnydvs
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you very much for your service to our country, and for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip. It is hard to escape the summer heat here, and we appreciate your understanding. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy yourselves while you were here, and hope you will choose us again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel is clean and beds are comfortable. We were there in July and it was a hot week in the 100's, so the hotel halls and especially the elevator were very hot. At least the breakfast area and lobby were air conditioned, and of course each room has it's own a/c unit. The a/c is a little annoying in that it cycles on and off, but there is a fan running constantly, but once the a/c kicks on it becomes louder and if your a light sleeper like me it can wake you up. So I had to keep it cold all night so the a/c part would stay on constantly. The only other drawback was that the pool was literally too warm to swim in on the hot days we were there, we stayed two nights so on our first day there we requested they turn off the pool heater so that at least by our second day it would cool down, but they said no they couldn't do that. So even though the pool would have been a nice way to cool down it was not an option, since swimming in it would almost make you faint. We have stayed at this hotel in October and none of these heat issues were relevant -obviously since it's cooler weather in October. They allow pets of all sizes at this hotel, we even saw a Great Dane coming in on the day we were leaving. We've experienced dog barking up to midnight the time we stayed there in October, but this time no one was next to us, thank goodness.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tucladyfun42
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for your return visit, and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry for the confusion about the pool heater - we don't have the pool heated at all in the summer - it seems Mother Nature takes care of that, and I apologize for any rude behavior you may have experienced during your discussion with our team. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation, and hope that you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Lake Havasu.

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Staff very friendly. We stayed as a stopover en route from LA to grand canyon

Breakfast was a bonus

Did no explore the town it was 115

I can't imagine using this as anything other than as a stopover and for this it was perfect with one exception the air conditioning was extremely loud

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank BillyBushead

Thanks for choosing us as your stopover hotel, and for sharing your comments. I'm glad you were happy here, and hope that you will give us a chance to show you the wide variety of things to see and do here, then next time you are in our area.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here on route to LA from the Grand Canyon in Aug 2011. We had no idea about Lake Havasu and stopped because our travel agent said that we should break the long drive into two days, so we had no expectations at all. The absolutely stunning thing about LH is not the London Bridge (which is great!) but the searing heat! It was 44 deg C but we did not realise until stepping out of the airconed car........I really thought my contact lenses were going to melt to my eyeballs! Unreal.
The hotel was very welcoming with free doughnuts for guests which was just what hungry travellers need on arrival. The room we had was a good size with two big double beds to house the 4 of us. The only issue was a noisy Aircon unit but I would rather have had it noisy than not at all with that heat.
The pool out the back was fine but incredibly warm but I suppose you can't cool a pool! The spa pool even had a health warning with it as it was like getting into a just boiled kettle!
We only had a few hours of the afternoon to kill but had a hilarious time on two jet bikes hammering round the huge lake and under the London Bridge. The lake was so warm its like slipping into a bath.
Had great night out in a local restaurant overlooking the bridge and a great locals bar further downtown. All in all, the one night stay at the Hampton Inn was an unexpected success all round.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Skinboy
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thanks for taking your travel agent's advice to break up your long trip, and for choosing our hotel. Yes, it is hot here, really hot, and I'm sorry you had some problems with you AC unit. I hope you were happy with the resolution options offered by our team, because we want every guest to be 100% satisfied with their stay here. I'm glad you enjoyed your stopover in Lake Havasu, and hope you will stay with us again if your travels ever bring you back this way.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We arrived late in the evening and were all starving, so luckily there was a variety of restaurants in the area. Check in and check out went smooth, the beds were comfortable and the hotel was clean. This is a good location with a lake view, but does not sit right on the lake. The prices were very reasonable for the area and we appreciated the breakfast the following morning. Another aspect of the hotel that we enjoyed were the double entry. There was a hallway door and parking lot door, so it made loading and unloading easier. My only complaint is the a/c. It worked well but was loud and the fan blew right on the bed. Other than that I can't complain. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review. I'm sorry about the noisy air conditioner, and hope that you were satisfied with the resolutions offered by our team when you brought it to our attention during your visit. We do everything we can to resolve any issues while our guests are still in the hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust if you ever return to our area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel seems to go above and beyond again and again , they always seem to accommodate me every time I visit . The hotel is spotless , ice machine full , breakfast in the AM is nice , and best of all I can park my boat right outside of my room and not worry about it during the night . I always stay at this hotel when I stay in Havasu .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you very much for your many visits and for taking the time to post your review about us. We love getting to know our guests, and making them happy every time they stay with us. We look forwad to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.