“Wonderful pet policy and beds here”

Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Grand Canyon, AZ
“Wonderful pet policy and beds here”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

When checking in, was given 2 dog biscuits for both my dogs, which is an excellent way of showing that you welcome pets instead of merely tolerating them as other properties do. Was given a 1st floor room which allowed easy access to the outdoors. The bed was fabulous and just to my liking; I sleep with no heat on and snuggle under lots of covers and this bed allowed that. I hate the hotels that have moved to a 3 sheet, no blanket or bedspread approach as it leaves me just plain cold. The business center was great for a quick check of my email and breakfast was a nice end to my stay. I would definitely stay here again on my next return to Lake Havasu City.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank yearning4fairness
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thanks so much for bringing your four legged family member with you on your recent visit. We love it when we have furry guests, and their humans, too, and we do what we can to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We called ahead on a friday afternoon for a room and the gentleman at the desk said they had a few rooms left at $123.00 a nght plus taxes etc.When we arrived a woman at the desk told us the room was $147.00 plus tax etc..My wife told her she had just been quoted $123.00 a few minutes before...The desk clerk then asked the man standing behind the desk if he had made that quote and he said he had .She agreed to give us the room for the lower quote...I then brought up the web site for the Hampton Inn at Lake Havasu, and the rates were listed at $85.00 to $107.00...I asked the desk clerk and she said that those were rates only if you booked online . I then asked her if we could just book online there ( i had my iphone to the website) and get the room for $107.00 and she said we couldnt ..My wife and I were very tired after being on the road all day and just paid the $123.00 rather than get into an argument with someone who either didnt know the policy of Hampton Inn or felt the need to price gouge an elderly couple....we will no longer be staying at this or any other Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bobk95945
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
I am terribly sorry for the confusion about the rate, and for giving a bad impression of the Hampton Inn brand. All Hamptons have a Best Rate Guarantee, and we have been in touch privately to resolve this issue with you. Published room rates vary depending on when you reserve (generally advance reservations are discounted, and same day rates are not), and the room type you request (upgrades, balconies, etc usually have higher rates than standard rooms). I will use your experience to train our team so this doesn't happen again. Again, please don't let this one bad experience make you leave the Hampton brand entirely. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your comments.
Isle of Man
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Just had two nice days staying at this hotel - asked to change room after checking in (just as a personal preference) the Manager (Jerry) was lovely, he made no fuss at all and gave us a great room that we were very happy with.

Lovely clean hotel with a very good breakfast included in the price - nice staff and good location - definately would stay here again.

Well done guys!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cmoomy
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here, and for giving us the 5 star rating. We really appreciate the positive feedback from our guests, and I will be sure that Jerry gets the recognition he deserves for doing his job so well. We hope you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back this way.
UK
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed for a single night in August on our way from Los Angeles to the Grand Canyon. As everyone says, it's exceptionally hot in August, so we stayed in the hotel largely. The welcome was friendly and helpful. The room was good, a decent size, nicely decorated and cool, with a lovely view over the lake. We enjoyed our free drink in the bar for Happy Hour. Breakfast was included and was fine; we were childishly excited to make our own waffles. All-in-all, an excellent place to stopover on a long drive, and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Binglederry
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Your excellent review made me smile, thanks for taking the time to share your comments. I know exactly what you mean about being excited to make waffles - I'm the same way. I'm glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again, and we'll still let you make your own waffles.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed two nights on the way to the Grand Canyon. Nice clean room, breakfast was included, and it was OK, but not great. Temperature reached 119, so we spent most of our time around the pool, which was really nice. The lake is very interesting, and we visited London Bridge and the surrounding area, before retreating back to the pool. Desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend Mario's restaurant, which is very close to the hotel. Really good food and reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen M M
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Thanks for staying with us and sharing your review. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the breakfast here - Hampton brand determines the menu, and if you would like to make any suggestions, you can contact them or me directly. It sure was hot this summer - a real record breaker, and I'm glad you enjoyed your time by our pool. If your travels bring you back this way, please consider staying with us again.
ottawa
Reviewed September 23, 2011

PROS.. comfortable beds, super clean rooms, nice breakfast, drinks on arrival, free use of computer room, nice view of lake, friendly staff, easy check-in.

CONS ..noisy window air conditioning units .. super loud. When turned off the surrounding units from other rooms were just as loud and annoying.

Room Tip: Lake view is nice.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank snarkee
Thank you for your comments and rating. I 'm sorry you encountered noisy air conditioners, we replace older units every year, and I can make sure you get a quieter one if you are able to stay with us again. Safe travels!
Holstebro, Denmark
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Friendly service behind disk, got upgraded free to the other side. Room is very clean and looks nice. TV with alot of channels and fast internet. A ok view over the lake havasu, is only a plus.
Really good breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. I'm glad you were happy with your choice, and look forward to the next opportunity we can be of service to you.