“Broasted Glory!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lompoc, California
“Broasted Glory!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

A boat dealer steered us to Scottie's Broasted Chicken for lunch. Broasted? Mmmmm, yes! We got two 3-piece chicken specials with fries and cole slaw. Wasn't sure what Broasted meant, but found out quickly. The four pieces (yes, four) in each lunch were very tasty and perfectly cooked. The fries were perfect...but too many to eat, and the cole slaw was dynamite! I will definitely go again next trip. Fantastic! Service was great as well. Good atmosphere for lunch. One of the best in the city.

Howell, Michigan
“Great Broasted Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

The chicken is great and the service is great. Dine in or outside, also take out.
Dinning inside is not too elegant of an atmosphere. Outside dinning isn't any better
unless you want to stare at cars in the parking lot.. All that said, the Chicken is Great.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Did not get what we ordered.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Food was tastless and greasy, we ordered to go and when we got home all we got was Chicken and a side of fried Clams which were all lacking in seasoning and a bit burnt.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Baby-Dog G
Virginia
“I don't understand the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

After reading some reviews both on here and other sites, we decided to stop in a try the broasted chicken. We happened to arrive right when they opened, so there was no line to wait through which was nice. My husband and I both got the 2 piece meal with a breast and wing. I really don't understand the hype about the chicken. The skin had a nice crunch to it but overall I found it to be pretty tasteless. It wasn't dry, which was a plus, but it was so bland that I was trying to come up with ways to give it some oomph. I tried honey, but then could only taste the honey. I tried ketchup, but then could only taste the ketchup. Same thing goes for the broasted potatoes. The baked beans were decent and the mashed potatoes and gravy were pretty good.

The restaurant itself looked a little rundown and was lacking in the decor department, but I'm not one to really care about such things.

It wasn't horrible, but I'd skip it next time.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Good food. Large portions.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Scotty's is always good. High quality and consistency.

Visited February 2012