“Did not get what we ordered.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Did not get what we ordered.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Food was tastless and greasy, we ordered to go and when we got home all we got was Chicken and a side of fried Clams which were all lacking in seasoning and a bit burnt.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Baby-Dog G

Virginia
“I don't understand the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

After reading some reviews both on here and other sites, we decided to stop in a try the broasted chicken. We happened to arrive right when they opened, so there was no line to wait through which was nice. My husband and I both got the 2 piece meal with a breast and wing. I really don't understand the hype about the chicken. The skin had a nice crunch to it but overall I found it to be pretty tasteless. It wasn't dry, which was a plus, but it was so bland that I was trying to come up with ways to give it some oomph. I tried honey, but then could only taste the honey. I tried ketchup, but then could only taste the ketchup. Same thing goes for the broasted potatoes. The baked beans were decent and the mashed potatoes and gravy were pretty good.

The restaurant itself looked a little rundown and was lacking in the decor department, but I'm not one to really care about such things.

It wasn't horrible, but I'd skip it next time.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Good food. Large portions.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Scotty's is always good. High quality and consistency.

Visited February 2012
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Scotty's Broasted Chicken”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband bought a lot of food there when we first moved to town, it was very expensive for what we actually got. He ordered for take out. He and I went in the actual resturant the other day and I was horrified. It smelled like a nursing home that had not been cleaned in years. It has dirty old carpet on the floor and dirty old fabric on it's booths and seats. The food is not very good for the way they advertise. After seeing the place inside, I will never go back or order to go.

1 Thank sue s
baileypie79
“Delicious Chicken!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I first passed upon eating at this restaurant because it has such an unassuming store front. However, it was highly recommended by people who lived in town that it has award winning chicken. The restaurant upon arrival at a line out the door so you knew it had to be good. You order at the counter top and have a choice of chicken, ribs, seafood, and sides. You can order out or sit in at the restaurant. I ordered the 2 piece chicken, biscuit, mashed potatoes, mac salad, sweet tea, and mac & cheese. The chicken was some of the best I ever it had the right amount of seasoning, it moist, and tender. I ended up getting more because it was so good but got so stuff that I couldnt even finish it. I would highly recommend eating here if you are in town.

• Visited February 2012