“Tastiest Chinese Food In Havasu” 4 of 5 bubbles

Golden Phoenix
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
LAKE HAVASU
“Tastiest Chinese Food In Havasu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Chinese food is my favorite type of food and Lake Havasu, AZ has a limited number of Chinese restaurants available. However, the Golden Phoenix takes the cake! It is the best in my family's and I opinion. My wife, mom and I go there frequently and I always choose it for my birthday feast. As a matter of fact, we've got to know one of the ladies working there so well that she has taken pictures of us to show her friends and family when she goes on vacation. Letting them know that we are some of her favorite customers. That is how nice they are! Other's say the décor is not the greatest, and yes that's true. However, the place has a nice atmosphere, is clean and the service is very timely. For a smaller city restaurant, it has a variety of dishes that have always been consistent in quality. There are tasty dishes from soups and spring rolls all the way to pork, chicken and seafood. They have many standard dishes like: orange chicken, chow mien's, sweet and sour dishes and cashew dishes etc. There is something for everyone in your party. The food has always been hot and we have never become ill. The pricing is fair and despite inflation, it has stayed pretty much the same through the years. In closing, there is only one draw back-and that is that they serve soda only by the can but, tea (hot and cold) has free refills. This is where many of us "locals" go. If you're in town visiting and want Chinese food...Give it a try!

• Visited December 2013

Montana
“Excellent Chinese and Vitamin C, too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've eaten here several times. The food is always good. The flavors are distinct, the veggies fresh and not overcooked. The servers are friendly and seem eager to please.
I love it that they bring fresh oranges cut in artful style with the bill. Sort of a palate cleanser.
I have had dishes here I haven't seen on any other menu. Yu-Shing Eggplant- yum!!
Also, I am grateful they don't over salt their food like so many restaurants seem to do. If you order hot tea, you get a big pot and if you order iced tea, you get a carafe.

• Visited April 2013
Kanab, Utah
“Best Chinese in Havasu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Another must stop when I come back. Fast service, good portions and price. I love the sEsame, sweet and sour chicken or the sautéed green beans,

• Visited December 2012
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Best Chinese food in town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Not the best decor, kind of hole-in-the-wall atmosphere.
But their food makes up for their bad decor!
Shrimp is always perfectly cooked and succulent.
I always go there when I'm in the mood for Chinese food.
Lunch menu fried rice is not as good as dinner menu fried rice though, more white rice than fried rice.

Visited March 2013
“Great place for lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've gone to Golden Phoenix probably on average at least once a month since it opened and agree with most.....The food is great, the service is fast and is very reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2012