“Nice Breakfast”
Review of Makai Cafe

Makai Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Enjoy Breakfast at the bridge - Full Breakfast Menu and Gourmet Coffee Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Dine on in or out and enjoy our gorgeous bridge water view form our patio! Come enjoy a delicious breakfast right on the English Channel. Eat outside and take in the sights, our full service breakfast and lunch menu will suit everyones tastes. Locally owned and operated by the Shugrues Family of Restaurants we are conveniently located in the bottom floor of the mall right below Barley Brothers. Open for breakfast and lunch seven days a week.
Cadillac, Michigan
“Nice Breakfast”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The breakfast we had had probably one of the nicest presentations I have seen for this meal. To top it off, the food was very good. We were not fortunate enough to get an outdoor table, maybe next time. The outdoor seating overlooks the channel of Lake Havasu, London Bridge, and a beautiful small garden. Service was very good, and the food was delivered promptly and was hot! I mention this because sometimes when a server is busy the food is left to cool. A very nice place to eat.

• Visited March 2014

“Great breakfast ”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast here when we stayed in heat hotel across the river. Fresh products and friendly staff. We didn't leave this place with an empty stomach.

“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had an excellent breakfast here. The service was great, as was the food. It is a very busy little restaurant, and has a beautiful outdoor area overlooking the channel.

• Visited January 2014
Maryland
“Sweet local restaurant with something for everyone!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you stayed at a nearby hotel like The Heat (see my review), then this is directly across the street and takes only a moment to get there. We went for breakfast. It is a little hidden, downstairs in the shopping center on the water side. If you cross from the Heat at the pedestrian walkway and go down the stairs on the river side, you will end up right at the restaurant. Our server was Diane and she was magnificent, what a professional!

Indoors there really was no view, but they have a patio if you want the lovely view of the river. It was just a bit cold when we got there, so we stayed inside. There isn't much for decor, it's nothing fancy, but the food was tasty and served quickly with a smile. There were mostly tourists and local seniors there.

I ordered the class eggs benedict. They had a whole bunch of different benedicts and they are supposed to be a good place for benedict, so check it out. I enjoyed mine, it was delish, served with home fries and fresh fruit. It wasn't a bowl of honeydew, an actual nice mixture of fruit. I asked for a hot tea and Diane asked if I wanted lemon, which I never do and I was so pleased that she asked because no one ever does. My friend got the pancakes with bananas and an egg over hard and sausage. The pancakes came with the bananas mixed in served with syrup made in house. Her egg was cooked just the way she likes it and she enjoyed the sausage. She had a cup of coffee with her breakfast. Diane was right on it before either of us had to ask with a refill of coffee and hot water for my teapot. I also liked that she brought the little teapot with a mug already full of water. Then later when she refilled my hot water, she asked if I would like a fresh tea bag, which I did and once again I was impressed that I did not have to ask for one. The hollandaise sauce was awesome and the eggs perfectly poached with a runny middle, yum! The home fries were so flavorful, I didn't even use any ketchup. Diane checked up on us many times and it got pretty busy in there and she was on top of everything with a smile for everyone in the place. The place seems to be also popular with bikers as there was a Rider magazine on our table. This is a sweet place with great service and tasty food. I would love to return when it's warmer so I can sit by the water on the patio. We would definitely return! Thank you Diane for such wonderful service! We went around 9am and it started to get really busy about 30 minutes later and this was on a holiday - MLK day. I'm sure it gets busier earlier on Saturdays and Sundays. It is a small restaurant, so it didn't take very long to fill up.

• Visited January 2014
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Great little breakfast place”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We really like going here for breakfast. The staff is always friendly and fun; and they have specials every week day morning. It is right along the river and near the London Bridge. There's outdoor seating too for those beautiful mornings.

Visited January 2014