“Definitely NOT fine dining”
Review of Krystal's Fine Dining - CLOSED

Krystal's Fine Dining
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Camp Verde, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely NOT fine dining”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I would compare the food to a Dennys which wouldn't have been so bad if the bill hadn't come to over a hundred dollars for five people drinking all water. Soup was cold, both steaks were over cooked, country fryed steak was good, and I've had better chef salad from a box. Bbq chicken was dry and cold. The room was dark and hot. Now does that sound worth a hundred dollars to you
Servies was good but didnt make up for the rest of the experience.

• Visited March 2012

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Krystal's”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

There can be a real wait at Krystals. There are not that many booths by the window near the lake. There is a side room that they cram a lot of people in near the bar. The food is pretty good. The last time we were there our waitress was extremely rude, it was on Mother's Day 2011, we have not been back since and we live in town. The place is designed from the 1960's. Older crowd.

Yucaipa, California
“Yuk!”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I cant believe anyone would like this place. The restaurant itself was old and dated and the food was terrible, i had the fried shrimp and it tasted like it had freezer burn. Prices were very high... Like that of a five star place. Save yourself from this place and go anyplace else...i hop or kfc would be better.

Montana
“Fine Dining? I don't think so....”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Ok, it's got a view, although the best booths were reserved. That's ok, I could see the lake and sunset. That was the best part of the meal.
There was a plastic tablecloth (?!) , but the flatware looked clean, so ok. I ordered scampi, which came with soup, salad and potato. Soup choices were clam chowder or onion soup. I don't like cream soups, so I ordered the "French" onion soup. It was absolutely the worst excuse for onion soup I have ever had. It tasted like those dry packets you mix with cream cheese to make a dip-- extremely chemical and salty flavor. The bread and cheese on the top were so soggy, I just took it out and left it on the saucer- very unappealing. I ate a couple of the onions, leaving the broth. Ok, on to salad. I had asked what vinaigrettes were available- she said raspberry. I didn't want one of those sweet dressings so I asked for Balsamic vinegar and oil. It was wine vinegar and not olive oil. So I didn't put that on my salad. The salad was fair-- it did have greens and some carrot. Good thing, because that is all I got to eat.
The scampi arrived with the baked potato. I love baked potatoes in the skins, but this one felt and looked like it had been baked a week ago and reheated a couple times.... Very dry and hard. I ate a couple bites, but it was so old, I left the rest. Ok, on to the scampi. The shrimp were fairly large and looked good, although swimming in the butter/ garlic ( ?) sauce. I took one out of the sauce and cut a bite off and------ yuck. After a couple chews, I actually spit it into my napkin. I cut another little piece and asked my dinner companion to taste it-- he said the same thing-- there is something wrong with this. So it took about 10 minutes to get our waitress back because she was taking orders from new diners. I said the shrimp tasted off. She didn't bat an eye... asked me if I wanted anything else. I said no thanks. There was no charge for my meal. I won't return. The quality of everything was not up to the "fine dining" label.

• Visited January 2012
California
“Good experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We got there soon after sunset and had a great view of the lake. By the time we finished eating, the room we were in was full. Our waitress gave us time to enjoy our drinks and did not rush us on any of the courses. When she told us about the specials, she quoted the prices which is always helpful. I had one of the specials and the tilapia tasted very fresh and was well prepared. You get both soup and salad, plus some delicious rolls. ( My one complaint was that the rolls did not arrive until our main course did - I would have enjoyed them with the salad). I thought the prices were very reasonable, at least compared to the San Francisco Bay Area.

• Visited January 2012