“Twice now we suffered POOR Service!”
Review of Taco Hacienda

Taco Hacienda
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Lake Havasu City, Arizona, United States
“Twice now we suffered POOR Service!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We are locals and have been coming to this restaurant for years, but tonight will be the last time. It's a shame because we do enjoy the food and good prices. And we liked the good service too. Sadly, that service is gone. Maybe they need to hire another cook or more servers? And why is this my problem? Because we used to enjoy eating there many many times in the past. Still, we are lucky Lake Havasu City has other Mexican restaurants that know how to take care of all their customers within a reasonable amount of time.

I don't know what the problem is, but this is the second time we have come in, ordered and had to wait about 40-45 minutes to get our food. Both times we were told that it was because a large party came in and so we had to wait until they were served. I don't mind waiting but 40 minutes? 40?? Large parties or small, it shouldn't be the other waiting customers' problem to wait for such a long time. It's not OUR business! And if we are put out, we deserve an apology and maybe some comp to make up for the long wait.

The server should have at least WARNED us that it was going to be a long wait, but she said nothing. At least we could have had the option to stay and wait or leave. We couldn't even find our server to find out what the problem was. We were kept in chips and salsa but told nothing about the delay. When it came to almost 45 minutes of waiting, we got up to leave only to finally see our server with her arms holding our plates. I was so upset and stressed from the poor service, I could barely it at all. I wanted answers. I saw the couple across from us and they weren't very happy either. They had to wait a long time also. I know we asked them.

When we went to pay our bill, I made it a point to comment on the poor service and instead of an apology, the cashier got defensive and rude stating it was our bad luck the large party came and ordered before we got there. So what it all boils down to is that if you get there and there is a large party, be prepared for a long wait for stuff like burritos, taco and huevos.

The first time this happened was just a few weeks ago. Same thing. 40-45 minutes before we saw any food. We thought it was just bad luck then, but it's happened again and it's looking like a trend here. Dare we try it again? No! I regret not demanding to speak to the manager and I still might if given that opportunity but I fear she/he might end up being like the cashier: rude and unapologetic for the poor service. No. Their food isn't worth the confrontation. We will just go elsewhere where we can be service in a reasonable amount of time and by a courteous and efficient staff.

Good.. no, excellent service still matters a lot. No customer should be made to feel like they don't matter and it was just tough luck they ever came and didn't get good service. No! We will go elsewhere from now. And I will be sure to warn my local and snowbird friends from now on.

• Visited January 2013

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Great food and excellent Margaritas!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This place is a local favorite simply because it has great Mexican food at reasonable prices and the best Margaritas in town. I especially love the Chiles Rellenos. The casual atmosphere makes it easy to enjoy a nice meal with friends and family and we love the outdoor patio with view of Lake Havasu!

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Awesome Food and Great Service”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Taco Hacienda is an awesome place to bring family and friends. We eat here at least once a week. Whenever family comes to town we bring them here, we always have a great time and the food is yummy! The salsa is mild but you can ask for two other types of hotter salsas to please your palate. I have never had a bad meal here. They accommodate for for any kind of party you may have and they cater. They also are great with kids, no matter their size!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Fav place in town”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is our family place to eat.
We bring all our friends and family here.
It's always friendy, good food, and good prices.

1 Thank Theredhead1425
lake havasu city, az
“stop only if you are starved”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

food was not bad, not good considering all the other mexican restaurants to choose from...restaurant was very outdated and didn't seem overly clean. servers looked like they had been run thru the mill a time or two..Probably will not go here again unless we are coming from lake and need to get something to eat and everything else is closed...

Visited June 2012