“Smelled like an old ladies apt inside.Also was overcharged! watch out!”

Hidden Palms Resort & Condominiums
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This place was loud all night even though it says quiet time from 10p to 7 a . there was a drunken loudmouth and his freinds outside all night making noise and yelling. Also beware they will charge your credit card an extra 25 dollars and say it is for not doing the dishes.What a bunch of crap. Terrible place would not recommend.

Room Tip: any room is a rip off
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank steve h
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

When registering at our hotel, the guest signs a contract which states in part: " Extra cleaning is defined by management as any cleaning necessary beyond normal use of the suite. Cleaning requiring more than one hour is deemed excessive".
We add this charge (usually $25.00) approximately 3 times per year. It is unfortunate that this guest met the qualifications for this surcharge.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have been coming to the (Secret) Hidden Palms since 1991. I am always amazed at how nice this place is and it just keeps getting better. The staff, the complex and everything about the Hidden Palms is the best. This is not your average hotel stay, but truly your own one bedroom apartment. Flat screen TV's, amazingly cool AC, comfy beds, awesome boat parking ( I could even see my SUV & Boat out my dining room window ), nicer BBQ than I have at home and killer FAST WIFI internet. I could go on and on about the (Secret) Hidden Palms. I will always stay here. My most recent stay at the (Secret) Hidden Palms" was on 5/12/2012 to 5/14/2012 and it was awesome as always. This is truly the best kept secret in Havasu.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mark H
Reviewed May 10, 2012

There are so many good things to say about this place that I don't even know where to start. First off, Dick, the owner, was probably the most friendliest helpful nicest person I've ever met. Our condo was super CLEAN and AC was already turned on.... The pool was also super clean and the kids loved swimming every night in it while I cooked dinner.... There was nothing we had to ask for because everything was there; tons of extra towels, blankets and pillows....There was plenty of boat parking and the area is really safe and we felt very comfortable. As others did mention, the beds were not all that comfortable, but that would nowhere near make me leave anything less than a 5 star rating. We will definitely be coming back in the near future. Thank you, Dick, for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank socalriverside
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a great place to stay, especially if you don't want the usual hotel bustle and crowds. These are rental condos (22) on Swanson Ave,built around a pool and not far from the London Bridge area, but quiet and peaceful. The unit we had was extremely clean and well maintained. Newer linens, two tv's a full kitchen, full size refer and dishwasher and fully furnished with plates, silverware,,coffee, etc. And the staff there was helpful and courteous.

Our stay was terrific and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the rear of the complex. The is some minor , but acceptable, street noise a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank alhillScottsdale_az
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We went to Lake Havasu City to swim in the lake, but ended up having more fun swimming in the nice pool of Hidden Palms Resort! This place is really nice and quiet and the staff is friendly. The suite was large, well equipped and very clean. The only downfall for us was the uncomfortable bed. Our choice for Hidden Palms was mainly based on the mention by one reviewer of new mattresses. The mattress (in room 106) may have been relatively new, but was of very poor quality, hard and stiff. As a result we hardly slept and had sore muscles and limbs in the morning. Hopefully the next time they get new mattresses, they will spend a bit more money on them. If the bed had been good I would surely have rated the motel "excellent". The lounge chairs at the pool would have been better to sleep on...

Room Tip: Ask for a good mattress...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frogcatcher
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Its nigh impossible to pre-determine what degree of firmness a mattress should have for a future guest, but I realize that most of us prefer our own bed. All the new beds are posturepaedic and top of the line for hotels.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have traveled to Lake Havasu City the past 3 years, in 2010 I had a week long business trip and chose this property based on the reviews. I have since travel to Lake Havasu each spring since 2010 with my wife and we always choose the Hidden Palms resort. I travel 48 states for business and have never before stayed at hotel where I felt so much at home. It is clean, with a fully equiped kitchette equiped. Dick and the staff could not be nicer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kirk B
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We love this place and stayed here with large groups of people.
The staff are very friendly and are willing to help with anything, We have since purchased a house in Havasu and no longer stay here. I always recommend hidden plams to anyone that i know planning a trip to Havasu :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business