“SLOW service.”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“SLOW service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The food was good but VERY SLOW SERVICE every time i have been there. Last time for happy hour i was just pointed to the bar without a word. We went in ans we were ignored. Ignored for a half hour til we left. Bartender tended those at the bar. Everyone else in the room was invisable. The food is in no way worth the rude, SLOW staff.

• Visited October 2012
5 Thank Mountainrose8

Buena Park, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,036 helpful votes
“Expected a bit more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had been hearing so much about this place, and finally gave them a try. I stopped in for happy hour which runs between 5pm-7pm M-F.

The staff was great, and very friendly. I wasn't impressed with the bar area, as I felt that I was sitting in a concrete bunker. It was a bit small, and dingy.

Their happy hour advertising boasts the cheapest beer in town. Unfortunately, the day we visited for happy hour, the beer taps were broken. I understand things break, however, I thought perhaps they would have a comparable drink special (i.e. bottled beer at a discount.) No such luck.

The main issue I had dealt with their happy hour appetizers. They advertise 1/2 off of their appetizers. I ordered the dumplings which on the menu states you get six pieces. This was not the case. I was surprised to only be served five dumplings. Yes, they do discount the appetizers, however they also downsize the portions of different selections. All I wished is that they tell you that up front. I know this is petty, however just let me know ahead of time, or have a separate happy hour menu. When the manager Bruce came by, I voiced my concerns. He was very accommodating, and agreed with my reasoning. He said he was going to bring this up again with the owner.

As far as the quality of the food, it was very good.

• Visited September 2013
8 Thank 90622
San Francisco, California
“Take Out Sushi? YES!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We arrived close to their closing hour and asked if we could get a take out of Sushi. YES! They were happy to serve us. They were polite despite they were preparing to close for the night.

The sushi was very good, moderately priced. The atmosphere is definitely a Japanense theme that's clean and tidy. Since we did not sit down for service I cannot comment on this aspect. However, should I ever be in the LHC area again, I would love to go there again.

• Visited July 2013
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Revision to my previous review.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have visited Shogun again since my last review and was pleased to see that they have finally replaced all of their chipped plates with new ones.
They never should have used those chipped plates for as long as they did, once a plate becomes chipped it should immediately go into the trash bin and not be reused.
They still could do with a facelift of their decor though.

• Visited May 2013
Oakhurst, California
“run down and smelly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The smell is stale bar and not freshly cleaned, and the cooked food came in 5 minutes which means it's not fresh cooked either, and the friends who ordered it didn't like it. Our simple avacado rolls had a spec of avocado, mushy rice, and no other veggies. If you have any discernment or food preferences avoid it.

• Visited May 2013