“BEWARE!!”

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Sacramento, California
“BEWARE!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have never written a review before but feel compelled to warn anyone considering this hotel.
The location is great right near the Lake and all the activies and beach plus THE BRIDGE.

First of all they didn't have our month old reservations. It took them awhile to get us checked in.
The DARK carpet was badly stained, smelled of urine and the bathroom fan sounded like an airplane was taking off, plus there was a hair on the bathroom linen We actually checked in to two different rooms, giving it a chance!!

The staff was polite and accommodating. It is a shame that they have to work in such a place. I was tempted to warn othes as they were checking in especially people with children.

The Travel Lodge up the street was excellent on 5 minute notice although the location wasn't with a view, we felt clean and cool with a continent breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank jwbrthless
Naura J, Public Relations Manager at Island Inn Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We value our guest feedback and are constantly working to better our property. We are glad the staff was able to help you and hope to have you back in Havasu in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Beds are very hard. When you're in the business of providing a place for people to sleep you would think that the first thing they would do is provide a very comfortable bed. Otherwise, the front desk person was very nice. The room was clean and the balcony was nice.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julie N

Travelers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We arrived in the evening and the room was nice and but when we were about to go to bed i saw something on my husbands pillow and i turned the light on and it was a bed bug and we got off the bed thank god we did not get under the covers there were 4 more. We told the manager and he instantly refunded our money and we left.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank ArizonaAnn77
Reviewed April 1, 2012

1) Misleading info. Charged $300 deposit on top of $212 upon check in. Was never told about a deposit previously.
2) Front desk lady (Catherine) as rude as rude can be! If I weren't brought up properly, I probably would have cursed her out.
3) Received phantom charge of,,, wait for it,,, $1,876.68 from this hotel that no one can explain how or why they charged it. (Currently have the fraud department of my bank investigating this).
4)Talking to the front desk lady Catherine was like talking to a brick wall. She couldn't explain anything about the charge although she was the only one from the hotel to run my card. I'm reporting this hotel to the BBB... Pissed is an understatement...

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Degeno
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Where to start with the Island Inn Hotel... first off the dates of our tripped changed do to one of our friends getting ill, when we called to verify with the Island Inn that it would be ok to push it back a day they agreed that it would yes that would be no problem. So little did I know that by yes that would be ok they really meant, Oh your booked through a travel site nope can't refund anything have fun paying another 97$ :) The front desk people were absolutely miserable to deal with! They treated us like delinquents the moment we walked through the door, hey were just 3 college students working full time jobs trying to enjoy a spring break give me a break! The cleanliness of the hotel wasn't bad at all and the room was fine, it was the horrible staff that I swear boils my blood every time I think about them that I have the problem with. When we signed in everyone's name was written down to ensure that they could have access to the room. When one of our friends came back early she realized she didn't have a key, she asked the front to make her another which they absolutely refused. She said her name was written down at the time of check in, they argued and said she wasn't and if she didn't leave the property they would call the cops. It was 2am and she was forced to sit out by the street all alone!!! I hate the Island Inn Hotel, I wouldn't wish a visit to my worst enemy!! Oo and ps when you never receive your 300$ refund for the cleaning fee even though you caused NO DAMAGE whatsoever have fun sitting on hold and playing phone tag for 4 hours :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paulina M
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks at the weekly rate of $360.00 per week including tax. Therefore, my bill was to be $720.00 at checkout. I verified this with the male clerk on duty at the time of check in. When I checked out this morning, my bill was $770.00. I asked why my bill was not at the agreed upon price and the lady said that I had been misquoted and that there was nothing she could do about it. I told her that I had stayed there because of the price and she just continued to say that there was nothing she could do about it. I thought that a quote was what the room was supposed to cost. I feel if I was given the wrong quote by an employee that the hotel should stand behind it. Apparently, not at this hotel. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else where they care about customer service. An extra $50.00 is not going to bankrupt me, but it was the principle.

Room Tip: Get your room rate in writing before you ever stay here. Don't just take a verbal quote.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brad G
Southern California
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at the Island Inn Hotel for Business and didn't want to spend a lot of money.
The Hotel was fine for what we were looking for, and were especially pleased with the location. Just a short walk to the lake, and paths along the lovely channel ending at London Bridge. Convenient for Restaurants there. Nice if you like to walk!
The rooms aren't anything special, beds and pillows very uncomfortable, but sure they'll raise the price if they ever replace!
It was good for us to have the mini-fridge and microwave in the room.
We found the staff nice and we didn't have any complaints with the customer service....but weren't expecting much after reading some other reviews.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business