“Total Misrepresentation”
Review of Island Inn Hotel

Island Inn Hotel
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks at the weekly rate of $360.00 per week including tax. Therefore, my bill was to be $720.00 at checkout. I verified this with the male clerk on duty at the time of check in. When I checked out this morning, my bill was $770.00. I asked why my bill was not at the agreed upon price and the lady said that I had been misquoted and that there was nothing she could do about it. I told her that I had stayed there because of the price and she just continued to say that there was nothing she could do about it. I thought that a quote was what the room was supposed to cost. I feel if I was given the wrong quote by an employee that the hotel should stand behind it. Apparently, not at this hotel. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else where they care about customer service. An extra $50.00 is not going to bankrupt me, but it was the principle.

Room Tip: Get your room rate in writing before you ever stay here. Don't just take a verbal quote.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brad G

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at the Island Inn Hotel for Business and didn't want to spend a lot of money.
The Hotel was fine for what we were looking for, and were especially pleased with the location. Just a short walk to the lake, and paths along the lovely channel ending at London Bridge. Convenient for Restaurants there. Nice if you like to walk!
The rooms aren't anything special, beds and pillows very uncomfortable, but sure they'll raise the price if they ever replace!
It was good for us to have the mini-fridge and microwave in the room.
We found the staff nice and we didn't have any complaints with the customer service....but weren't expecting much after reading some other reviews.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed here on a weekend in the summer and nothing was remotely ok. The rooms had bugs and webs, the smell was horrifying and the staff was down right rude!! Do yourself a favor and never stay here!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Levys2009
Reviewed November 29, 2011

After staying here 20 yrs ago, we thought we would give it another try. But walls still thin, mattresses thinner and bed sheets worse.
Room was clean and employees friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed here on our road trip more by accident than plan. It was ok, nothing special, a bed for the night really. The tattoo'd guy on the front desk was very friendly once we got chatting to him. Stay here if you want a reasonable rate and decent room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roadtripper64
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My wife and I have been staying here for quiet some time now. This place is clean and staff is very helpful. The rates are great and the best in town. Robert at front desk is very helpful and assisted us with a flat trailer tire. I have nothing but good things to say about the island inn. The hotel is very close to the marina launch ramp. Security does their job but doesnt bother you. We come back here everytime we're in Havasu.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We love having fun go on the boat hang out on the coves, the channel, meeting people but this hotel has a very rude unprofessional attire(front desk afternoon). It's good for staying if u you don't plan to have fun. It's way to overprice for what it is. Not outdated at all, if u want to get food there is nothing close by. Kindda far for the fun. But actually I was surprise that we tried to go clubbing and all the clubs are almost empty in friday night July. O well. My point is if you guys love the river like we are called river rats do Not stay in havasu(except for a big weekend or holiday). This place is dead at night way to overprice and not fun at all at night. We always stayed in Laughlin and have not problems even if the place is old it doen't matter it's fun day and night. I love the lake-river it's so much fun it's maybe just this location and the fact that I was expecting having a lot of fun day and night and after putting out boat away it was to boring that I want to leave at night. Have fun. Enjoy u live

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends