“Can't keep me away”

Buena Park, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,037 helpful votes
“Can't keep me away”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I keep coming back because of the extra friendly staff, the amenities offered, the great food, and location, location, location!

Every time I am there, I see the staff upgrading the property to make my stay even better than the last time.

There is so much to do at or near this resort. I park my car, and don't return to it until I leave at the end of my stay.

I have been told that the staff takes on the title of Service Enthusiasts. Let me tell you, it's working! Keep up the good work, and I hope to be back soon.

Green Features: I read this in the news: LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ (May 29, 2012) – London Bridge Resort has received the “Certified Green” designation from the Arizona Lodging and Tourism Association.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
14 Thank 90622
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello 90622,
Thank you for noticing the upgrades; especially within the Resort Team. Customer Service is so boring; our team has taken a pledge to be a Service Enthusiast. They are committed in showing the love for where they work and where they live. They are on vacation with you.......minus the cleaning, repairing and serving part. LOL.
Thank you for the noticing the change and we look forward to WOWing you again!
Kristina Gallo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I did a week long trip veiwing the canyons in Utah and Arizona. This was one of our stops at the end of the week. I was suprised at the freindlyness of the staff and I was upgraded to a suite with a veiw of the bridge at no extra cost, that just made the whole trip more enjoyable. The room was clean and large, the laundry was close, and we just relaxed. The walk across the bridge was beautiful. When you are there take the boat ride across the lake to the casino. Even if you don't gamble the boat ride was worth the $2 round trip. Also the breakfast at the Splash was well done. Will make this a stop on our next vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David T
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hello Dave T,
Sounds like an awesome vacation! Glad to hear that we could end it on a pleasant note. The casino boat is a nice touch…it’s a beautiful boat ride and it leaves every hour on the hour making it very convenient. Plus the pick up is right under the London Bridge next door to the Resort…no car needed. I look forward to your return; your complimentary upgrade is waiting for you.

Yours truly,
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights last week at the London Bridge Resort as a staycation. These were two very warm days and nights in Lake Havasu City so we were a little stressed. That stress was relieved the minute we walked in. The check in at the front desk was quick, efficient but most importantly friendly (thank you Jessica K). We were treated like royalty by every staff member - everyone from the ladies in the gift shop to the bartender at Martini Bay made sure our experience was the very best it could be. Our dinner and drinks at the bar at Martini Bay the second night were outstanding and the service as friendly as it gets. The resort is so well kept, clean and inviting, the pools sparkling and cool and the A/C works great! I recommend the London Bridge Resort to anyone who wants to get away from their real world for a little while, relax, have fun, and some great food and drinks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LisaJK61
Thanks LisaJK61 for the review. I’m sorry to hear your A/C went out…and of course it would happen when we're experiencing record breaking heat in Lake Havasu. On a brighter note; at least you got to enjoy some R&R and no household chores for a couple nights. : )

Anytime you’d like to escape…..give us a ring, we’d love to make that happen for you.

Yours truly,
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've been to London Bridge Resort before and have always had a great time, but the last trip was the best! From the moment I walked in the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We had a 2 bedroom unit with a deck overlooking the bridge and the place was great! I was there a week and by the end of the trip, I made friends with most of the staff. Jennifer and Donna are the best! Great personalities. After a day on the water, Martini Bay was very inviting. The staff was great there too. We had a couple of great dinners, and the food was outstanding. Danielle and Autumn were our servers, and did a great job, and a great smile. The bartenders kept it flowing and kept me laughing, and made me feel like I was at my local watering hole with the guys. The hotel grounds were kept clean, with maintenance constantly on top of things. It's also great having a dock right there for the boats. I would definitely recommend this place! great job!

Room Tip: Upstairs 2 room with a bridge view
Green Features: They did good. Water free urinals and watched their water usage
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank dave k
Hello Dave K,
Thank you for returning; it’s always fun for us to welcome home our favorites! I appreciate your positive feedback and I’m glad to hear that everywhere you went in the Resort you were welcomed with open arms. That’s why we do what we do. I hope to see you soon….there is a lot of summer fun time left this boating season.

Thanks again and see you soon,
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The first week of June my sister and her family used their two bedroom, my parents used their one bedroom, we bought a one bedroom from interval and we used our two bedroom unit for a family/friend vacation. We rented three slips for our two boats and four jet skis. The docks make this resort just about perfect.

Once again we had a fantastic time. Check in is easier this year due to the renovation of the entrance - they removed the step at the front door, so with the courtesy carts moving your stuff up to the room is done in the shade and is really easy. The front desk was organized, quick, and friendly. The rooms haven't changed although they do have new pots and pans that are great. The walls are thin and don't stop much sound, but the rooms are clean and the housekeeping exceptional. The wifi is much better this year, not blazing fast, but fast enough that you can keep up with the office without having to go downstairs to the hotel computers. All three pools are crystal clean. The first time I did the slide it was because the kids made me, the next several times was because it was just so much fun. Having the lower pool for the kids, the upper for adults and the Kokomo pool for younger drinkers really seems to work out well. Although we didn't use it, there is a new shopping service offered and they will stock your room with food for you. You get an email about a week prior to your visit offering the service. The kitchens in the rooms have a stove, sink, microwave, refrigerator, blender, and dishwasher. We made breakfast and dinner for the entire crew (18 people) several days and didn't want for space. There's even a small store by the front desk that sells ice, pop, beer, papers, etc.

Do not forget to bring ear plugs if you arrive on Friday or Saturday as both nights are party nights at Kokomo's and Martini Bay. The rest of the week you might get away with not wearing them. We tend to be on the boats all day and hit the beds just as the party seems to be starting, so I don't have any idea how the party is at the clubs, but I can tell you they go until about 2 a.m.

The only poor experience we had was my wife, sister, and their girl friends were treated rudely by the bar tender during happy hour in Martini Bay (6/2/13). The good news is that they took their daily $100-150 bar tab across the parking lot to another happy hour. This resort has a ton of places to eat and drink within easy walk, so if you don't like what's here, you can find something else very close by. They did go back for the "mix-ology" class given by Ryan and report that they absolutely LOVED his class. Later he told us it was his first class, but you really couldn't tell. The resort offers other classes as well and has contacts with the local concessions including jeep tours, boats, walking, biking, kayaks etc.

This resort was built quite a few years back so the basic construction isn't up to today's standards. However, the staff makes up for anything lacking in basic construction. The front desk is helpful, the cleaning staff fantastic and the maintenance guys are right on the spot. Even the security staff is friendly, visible and on the job both inside the resort and in the parking lot where your trailers are parked - we felt safe the entire time.

In conclusion, this really isn't what you'd think of as a resort, but it is a wonderful place to stay for a week of boating on the lake. The kitchens in the rooms will save you a ton of money and the boat docks really make the boating easy. After a day on the lake, the showers and air conditioning are appreciated and the convenience, location, upkeep and staff really make you feel welcome and comfortable for a weeks vacation.

Room Tip: Kokomo's and Martini Bay will have loud parties Friday and Saturday nights. Even if you get a r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff Z
Jackson, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were greeted by a 2 inch long flying roach in a room smaller than most closets. The fire extinguisher was hanging out of the wall and the furniture was so stained up I was afraid to sit down. Our TV was an old analog about 14 inches and did not even face any of the furniture. Had to stand up to face it and watch. They had us in a studio that had a murphy bed which pulled down out of the wall. With it down I could not walk around it to the opposite side because it was up against the couch. I have seen Motel Six rooms better than this. I have travelled all over the world and I can honestly say that this is the worst room I have ever been put in. The Hampton Inn nearby is where we ended up staying.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mary E
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The London Bridge resort is great for young college age people who want to party. We went there the day after Memorial day and they were still parting until 11 PM. So, if you want to get to sleep before midnight, ask for a room facing the front, not towards the water.
The rooms and the resort look like they need some T.L.C. No curtains in the rooms, just blinds, so sleeping after sunrise is not easy.
The free breakfast was worth what we paid for it, not much more. The eggs were slightly warm both days.
We took the time share tour and that was worth the 90 mins. I don't think we will stay here the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: sleep towards the road if you want a quiet night.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family