“Golf Outing”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA
“Golf Outing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is the second time we stayed at this resort. It was too early in the season for all the shops to be open. They have done a lot of work on their pool area since last year's visit. It is an ideal place for several couples to vacation together. The 2 bedroom 2 bath suites have a full kitchen with everything needed, including a large enough table for 8 people to play cards at. The Martini bar has happy hour every day with half price appetizers. The free breakfast is in another building on the property. Our only complaint was the customer service in the hotel and at the breakfast. They seemed very disorganized and it took a long time to register.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side facing the river.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

As mentioned by other reviewers the walls are paper thin. My wife commented that she had never stayed anywhere that provided ear plugs- you get 2 pairs on your night stand. Room was just ok- it was clean but looked very well used. They charge a resort fee of $14.50/day that includes breakfast but really nothing else. I would stay here again for less than $100/night but wouldn't pay any more than that to stay here. The bar is very nice and has good staff. We never got to try the restaurant- we were seated and waited 10 minutes and no one ever came by our table to take our order so we left.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Fountain Hills, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

We had gone for a week, February, 2012. They overbooked SO much that we got a handicap room, which wasn't too bad. But, the quality and amount of kitchen utensils and cookware was below average. Plus, for a 2 bdrm. unit, there was not enough seating in the living room for 4-6 people, and, very poor response time for a plumbing problem, and getting a different coffeemaker, since the one in the room didn't work.
So, would suggest being very clear about advance reservations as to what you are getting.

Room Tip: River view, and top floor with balcony
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank accordiongale
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We spend almost two weeks at this hotel participating in the Havasu Pocket Cruiser Convention. The room was comfortable and the kitchen well equipped. However, the walls between bedrooms appear to be paper thin.
Martini Bay, the hotel's restaurant has a fish fry every Friday. All you can eat for $9.99 good value and good food.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mamiga
Buena Park, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,036 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

We totally enjoyed this resort. It is close to everything that Lake Havasu City has to offer. If you are lucky enough to book a bridge view room, you will enjoy the water views, and sunsets.

The restaurants were fine, the boat ride to the Havasu Landing Casino was fun, and we totally enjoyed the Lake Havasu Boat Tour. This sunset boat tour really made our vacation fantastic. The hotel has all of the information on this tour, and I recommend it at least once during your stay.

The rooms are okay, however I wish the second (smaller) room had a TV. I enjoyed the spiral staircase to the private rooftop patio, again with a fantastic view.

It seems like they are always performing upgrades (painting and such) and I think that is a good thing.

Give it a try, we were happy with this location.

Room Tip: If you want quiet at night, don't book a room over Kokomo's Bridge view rooms are a must i...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
13 Thank 90622
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Ok, let's start off. I normally rate very high. However, this place makes me question. I check in, all seems good. I booked a deluxe king. However, at check in, those are all taken, I must take a lesser room with a queen. It will cost less and I will get $50 free eat and drink on my room. We decide not to argue and go with the flow,

Ok, we get to the room. It is the worse room in the hotel, right next to the elevator. Very loud when the folks get off the elevator.

We go down for food and drinks witch starts off fine. The waitress was great! The medium steak came out uber-rare, had to send back and it took 20 minutes to come back. Still ok because we are having fun. So not the room we booked, food had to get sent back, but the waitress was nice. So Ok.

Then, its 7:30 on a Sunday, we need some headache cure and they closed the hotel store. We call the front desk. There is no first aid kit. There is no way to open the store. He tells us to go downtown and go to Wallgreens. He explains that the hotel is absolutely dead so they closed the store. I declare that is a surprise, if the hotel is dead, why did I not get the room I asked for? I suggest that it is excellent wallgreens is there and they go and get me some aspring or open the store. He says he will call the manager. 10 minutes later, the other front desk worker calls. Not the manager.

She says sorry we closed the store. I again ask about the first aid kit. No go. She says we can not do anything accept call a driver for you to go to the store. I say 'did you call the manager?' 'do you have a first aid kit'? she ignores me like a politician, and says 'we do not have a first aid kit'. I said. yes, but did you call the manager? She again ignores my questions and answers in a "we can drive you". I am in my PJs, now. I ask a forth time, can the manager open the store. Did you ever call the manager yet? She finally says after 30 minutes, we will call the manager.

I have been waiting for 60 minutes and there is no call back. I travel 35 weeks a year. THis is one for books. I classify this one as good workers but poor management practices.

While writing this, the workers at least called back, and the manager after an hour has not returned their call. I am sure the OSHA required first aid kit sits behind the front desk, beckoning that it does in fact have aspirin in it....

If management responds to this post, I suggest you take it lightly. If there are not a lot of customers here, your needs don't really matter. Short staff no management oversight.

Again I remind you, I am traveling for work and personal travel, over 35 weeks a year, this is the first complaint I have ever written.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank geoseastars
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Had a great time @ this resort in Jan. orientation on Sat. morning was most helpfull. 2 couples from the east had a pleasent suprise at all there was to do in the area. Hiking in Canyon. Not to be missed "Desert Bar", yes out in the middle of the desert, just keep driving.
Great bar, live music only opened on weekends Oct-May. We lucked out and had 2 days of the 2nd Lake Havasu Ballon Festival, brilliant. Lots of good restaraunts. Lovely setting on the lake surrounded by mountains. We went during the snowbird season, I'm sure during the summer it is pretty noisy around the resort. Unless you are in Collage do'nt go durning Spring Break.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the ice rink, it closed on the Sun. night. We enjoyed watching the skaters and t...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple