“On the road with Ethan Dogg”

The Red Onion and RO Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Ok, no dogs in here, but the Friday night fish fry is awesome. Coming from the midwest, where we eat fish three times a day, it took me eight years out here to discover this place.
Forget the Eagles and the private clubs. Forget Mad Dogs and all the rest. This place produces a fish fry exactly like the shore lunches we often had in Minnesota. It's cod and the breading is not thick and greasy. Start with a salad or bowl of soup and then have fish and cole slaw with fries or a fully loaded baked potato. $9.95. Three times I have gone, and I go early around 4:00, and three times I have not finished the first generous helping before I am asked if I want more fish. AND, they bring two to three more pieces instead of just one. Very nice young people as servers. Can not say enough about how good this is.

2  Thank TravelerWithDog

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Have stopped in for breakfast on several occasions and have walked out each time without getting served. On two of those visits no one ever took our order and on the third visit our order was taken but we never received our food after a very long wait. We won't be back.

1  Thank ArizonaKeyWestBound
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Truly an excellent breakfast or lunch choice for Lake Havasu City. Once we became aware of this place(via Trip Advisor reviews) we had breakfast there everyday and lunch there on Friday, April 29. Servers were friendly and seemed to really enjoy what they do.
Food, of course, is the real treat and I do mean that. Don't see how you could be disappointed in this place if you give it a try.

2  Thank Mikeycee
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I actually emailed trip advisor to include this great owner operated restaurant in listings- This lovely place with wholesome food is what all restaurants should be- We travel in an rv and spend our winters near Needles and this became a reason to go to the area for all sorts of needs- laundry, library, etc. We introduced 5 other couples to this great place ( be sure to go to fish night- get there early) .....and now they are all fans! There is a reason this place is busy- it is enjoying well-deserved success!!

2  Thank ESCAPEDODOWNERS
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We passed by this little place and decided to eat on the patio for breakfast. It was right by the sidewalk so we could watch the Havasu 'scene' as we dined. We were greeted right away, asked for our drink order, and given menus. Our server was awesome! I had the High Desert Breakfast, and my husband had the breakfast that consisted of two eggs, toast, and bacon. I had coffee and he ordered a soda. My breakfast came with my choice of juice also (grape, apple, orange, V-8, cranberry, and one other I think). I chose the V-8. My pancakes were huge and the eggs were just right. My husband's breakfast was good also. Each came with a slice of cantaloupe, garnished very nicely as well for presentation. Our server was so on the ball with drink refills (I had a decanter of coffee at the table). Very friendly and homey. We heard some locals ask for the "$2.99 - $3.99 Menu", apparently the locals know about it. So next time, we will ask for it! But, the prices were very reasonable in the first place. They also had (Fri March 18, 2011) an all you can eat fish fry that night, but unknown on the price as it wasn't listed on the chalk board.

1  Thank ShelbyPilot