“Good Value, Good Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed February 14, 2014

If you are looking for a great diner while in the area I would recommend the Black Bear Diner. The portions were generous and the food was good. I would definitely tell you to experience one of the corn bread muffins, they are the best I have ever had!
The server was good and the employees friendly! A good choice!

1  Thank Sue S

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stopped by here for lunch around 1130 and were able to be seated in about 10 minutes, even with a group that numbered 18 total adults!
They sat us in 2 tables and a booth, adjacent to each other. The wait staff promptly brought us menus, water, and took our orders in no time.
I had the chili cheese burger with the coleslaw and it was very tasty. Didn't hear any complaints or problems from anyone else in the group.
I can't guarantee you'll get in as quickly or served as well, but they provided Very Good service! I would recommend this location in lake Havasu City.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I and some friends when we travel always ask "Where do the Locals eat" ? We know the food will be good. And after asking around Lake Havasu about where can you get the best, " Good old Fashion Family Food " the Black Bear Diner came up. The restaurant was full of local couples and families, and was very clean with beautiful and colorful wall decorations and carved wooden statues and characters of Black Bears. The minute you walk into the restaurant it makes you feel as if you are in another part of the world. All staff wore lumberjack style uniforms, and were very nice and bubbly. Leanne our server was very professional, and hustled around the restaurant doing her job very well. Nancy the head cashier and greeter, was so out going and always smiling, as she would run from table to table making sure that everyone was happy. Lynn the manager, has obviously done a great job in running a very busy business, and leading her family run business to an A+ rating. The restaurant serves Huge and delicious Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner items. Check out their wonderful and unique "The Black Bear Gazette " newspaper menu , it's awesome ! We had Lunch and had a 10oz. "Bob's Big Bear Burger", a "Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Burger " and a "Pot Roast Melt Sandwich". All three where the best we have ever had ! The Hamburger was so seasoned and tasty with very crisp and super fresh vegetables. The Pot Roast was so tasty and melted in your mouth. We also had a massive portion of delicious crispy French Fries, and crispy battered Onion Rings. Everything was delicious and perfectly cooked. For dessert we had the Best Bread Pudding I have every had. The large portion came smothered in Pecans and the most delicious bourbon type sauce poured over it. They bake delicious Fruit Cobblers and Cakes for your enjoyment daily also. It was all delicious ! An Excellent place, now I know why the locals love it. I definitely will be going back on my next trip to Lake Havasu, or any of the several other Black Bear Diner restaurants in the western U.S. This place is a must on anyone's bucket list !

1  Thank grandslamhomer
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I had breakfast there this morning. The food ,service and ambience were very good. The biscuits and gravy side is huge! The scramble was very fresh; hash browns crisp. They have their own brand of habanero hot sauce which was really good! Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Note: I've only been there once for lunch so this is based on only one experience. They might have been having an off day. Our server was absent minded and unattentive. The food was low end diner food. I think you'd be better off at Denny's down the street.