“Still a good stay”
Review of Heat Hotel

Heat Hotel
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've returned a couple times since my original review. There have been a few changes since that posting.

I, for one, don't mind the check-in at the small bar. This is a small boutique hotel and space in the lobby area is limited. Besides, you are right there to collect your free drink offered to each patron. A perk that I totally love!! Unfortunately, this complimentary beverage has now changed to only the Drink-of-the-Day. On the day I arrived it was wine. The white sangria in a jug with orange slices floating on top, didn't appeal to me for several reasons:1) I dislike sangria and 2) it was unclear just how long that it had been sitting there since it had been made (it was still sitting out on the counter when I checked out).

The rooms are still wonderful. The bedding is spa-like and the beds beyond comfortable. Every room has a view and even in the middle of winter, it's nice to sit and enjoy the river go by. Yes, there is some wear and tear. The cabinet below the television had chipped and worn edges and deserved replacement. The television was smallish and I'd certainly cast my vote for a bigger one next time around, although it's certainly not a deal-breaker for me. The hallways were clean and certainly fresh smelling but the carpets will need replacing in the near future just due to high usage.

Will I return again? Certainly, for the views, bedding and bath the price is certainly right. Am I surprised at the slight wear, no. This hotel is aging and to stay at the top of their game diligence in upkeep will be necessary, but you must note that it's the perfect spot for college students on break and most could care less about respecting property.

I wouldn't make this a stop during Spring Break or the boating season. The music from the hotel and those across the water would definitely not be to my pleasure. For a stop for a night or two during the week and off-season (if there is one), it's the perfect place to relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: Any room is great, as they all have water views. If traveling during the high season, I'd ask f...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dinky3251

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Based on TripAdvisor ratings only my husband and I decided to stay at the Heat hotel. The staff were incredible, very accommodating and welcoming. After checking in we casually mentioned we were sore from hiking and the staff mentioned 'Well you'll love the jacuzzi then!' we asked where it was located and they replied 'in your room'. Our room was quite pleasant, nicely decorated and clean, the patio overlooked the London Bridge and the jacuzzi tub was wonderful and large enough for the two of us. With microwave, fridge and coffeemaker in the room, and the minibar contents very reasonably priced there was little else we could ask for. We ended up extending our stay for an extra day. The ONLY downside was some of the carpet and furniture was a little worn but not to the point that I wouldn't jump at the opportunity to stay there again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Inferno suite #3 opens out to an open patio with an uninterrupted view of London Bridge and the lake. Patio furniture is sparse, white plastic and comfortable for short spells of sipping only.
It can be noisy at night time as people walk by right outside the suite, and come and go into the other units.
The suites are clean and modern and just like the photos. They are fun and snazzy, with unique colored lighting that creates mood, but are not practical. Short persons may find the sinks too high and too far set back. There are no rails to hang wet towels, despite being encouraged to reuse the same towels ( to save water! ). Glass and metal make for a noisy environment inside the unit. Do not expect to fulfill your bathroom routine in privacy ( including the john). Furniture, being modern is not relaxing, and tv is offset from couch making viewing angle odd. The room advertised a mini bar and a microwave, there was neither. There is a coffee maker of the old type, perhaps a modern single server would be more appropriate. Staff are efficient and friendly. There is a 'bar' right in reception area, and at least 4 restaurants within steps of the hotel. Breakfast offsite is just fine at cafe Makai.
We stayed three nights off-season which was one night too long. We were told it gets very busy and noisy in season. Hey if you are young to enjoy a later night life, and unique quirky (romantic) suite ( provided the sound of your lovers toilet habits are familiar to you!) you will love it. I can't imagine it being practical for young children at all in any sense. For seniors, it might not be comfortable enough, although the shower is easy walk in - it is certainly not home from home, but it is unique.

1  Thank GottheTshirt2
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The family went to a wedding in Lake Havasu. We need two rooms, found out the Heat Hotel was located right across the street from the wedding venue and had a two room suite with a full kitchen. The room, the Channel View Suite is massive with a very large kitchen, dining, living area. Plenty of room for the 5 of us (3 adults, 2 children)
Very accommodating and friendly staff. An unusual check in area, at the bar!
They are pet friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not knowing much about the location the wife and I opted for an inferno suite. There was a bathtub as a focal point in the middle of the room with the tub fill that came from the ceiling. there was also a stripper pole in the shower! needless to say this place is first rate and reminded us of the Palms casino hotel in Vegas. The ground floor level was just steps from the water as well as the rental concession for paddle boards. The equipment was first rate and the rental rates were fair as well. I recall $35 for 1/2 day. However aside from the famous London Bridge being the back drop for this hotel the most notable thing I remember is the bed. For sure the best nights sleep I had in any hotel bed. We have considered calling the hotel to purchase the bedding!

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies will be the best for people watching and expanded water views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paddlesurf
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Every room at this hotel has a view from balcony overlooking the river and London Bridge. There are numerous good restaurants and bars within walking distance and trails along the river at the doorstep. The check-in counter doubles as a bar with another full bar outside on the patio. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The large jacuzzi tub in washroom easily fits 2 and separate glass shower was a nice touch. Room was very spacious with separate living area. The fridge was fully stocked with various alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and all were reasonably priced for a change! I believe this is the first hotel that I had a few drinks from the room fridge because prices are usually double what they should be. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but have a better view from upper floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My fiance and I have stayed here several times and each time we can't wait to come back. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and the beds make mine at home feel like a sack of rocks. I don't know how they're able to keep the place so clean, they must have a bunch of magicians working there! I'll be back in a couple of months with my new boat to enjoy some delicious cocktails in the sun!!

1  Thank EAM13