“Definitely warrants a return visit!”
Review of Heat Hotel

Heat Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Phoenix
“Definitely warrants a return visit!”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

WOW! All the adjectives used to describe this hotel fit: trendy, funky, ultra modern...hot!

I was greeted by a lovely young lady who not only quickly checked me in and offered me a complimentary top shelf drink from the bar/checkin counter but informed me that I'd been upgraded to an Inferno Suite. Woo Hoo!!! Ultra high ceilings, all white, gauze curtained, wet bar, recessed ever-changing colored lighting, a plush bed to sink into and a bathroom to absolutely die for. As good as any spa. Not to forget the great view of the channel with all it's activity and London Bridge just outside the enormous sliding doors.

Shopping, restaurants, just plain strolling and enjoying the sights are all easily accessible just outside the room - my car never left the lot. The sidewalk fountain framed by my window was a wonderful bonus. I had lunch at the Barley Brothers Brewery across the street (definitely recommend their Tripleberry Wheat beer) and dinner was a short walk across the parking lot to Javalina Cantina for some great Mexican fare.

Music from across the water was noticable, but once the curtains were closed it was significantly dampered. Although I'm not sure if I'd care to stay during Spring Break. or a busy summer weekend - for a midweek night it was dead quiet after 11pm.

My only con was when the jacuzzi - which I'd thoroughly enjoyed earlier in the evening - decided to purge it's lines a grand total of three separate times between midnight and 3am. While the bed was the best to quickly fall asleep in, the abrupt blast of purging lines was better than a loud alarm clock to wake one out of a sound sleep. I would have had a full night of wonderful rest had it not been for the three major interruptions.

All said, I can hardly wait to grab my husband and return to Heat for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dinky3251
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
So when I can reserve another "Inferno" stay for you? Thank you so much for staying with us, and experiencing our incredible Heat. We work hard every day to find every special touch to enhance a guest's stay, and you saw many of them during your visit. Our "high end" jacuzzi tubs do sometimes have a mind of their own, I am so sorry to have woken you from your sound sleep in our temper-pedic bed. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Very friendly staff. Manager sits in the lobby and greets you personally throughout your stay. Pet friendly. It felt like I was coming home to a trendy condo rather than a hotel. My room was spacious and had a beautiful view of the London bridge. Excellent location right on the water and walking distance from good food and entertainment. My dog liked the room and if it wasn't clean, she would have been sniffing around. She was not sniffing anything.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
It is always a pleasure to welcome our corporate guests.........and their pets!! Our intimate atmosphere you can see lends well to getting your work done and relaxing afterward. Thank you for staying with us on a regular basis, and a special "hello" to man's best friend!
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for. Our family of three (2 adult, one 14yr) stayed in a great corner room, having a great view of the London Bridge and the lake. We walked to nearly everything we did there. We had dinner in the Mex restaurant right behind the hotel - nice margaritas, the next night we walked just a bit further to the Brewery - good food and great view. We rented a ski boat just a few yards from the hotel. It was nice to have a small conv store attached to the hotel for beverages and ice that we took on the boat.
The outside bar has misters and comfortable seating but beware if you don't like loud music. We were on our balcony listening to the music until midnight Fri and Sat before bed. Music plays until 2am but barely heard anything once the balcony doors were closed. Bad thing about the music is that is has competition with the hotel across the lake, too bad they weren't synched.
We booked a tour of the lake our last day which did not return until 2pm and were granted a late checkout...thank you very much. This allowed us to change into real clothes after the tour instead of having to drive home in swimsuits.
Would definitely recommend hotel for cleanliness, comfort, no "sticker shock" of mini bar pricing, the view was great and location was at the heart of where everyone wanted to be.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room with king-size bed and brought Aerobed for 14yr. Plenty of room for it, just make...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
It was a pleasure to be your host while you were here in Havasu! Heat is the #1 hotel here on the lake, we take pride in making every guest experience one they will never forget. We hope to see you soon!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I absolutely loved this hotel and would most definitely choose to stay here again and again. It was modern and had a unique touch to the design. I really liked the rooms! The tempur-pedic bed was very comfortable. I could not believe how huge the jet bath was and very relaxing after a long day on the lake. The mini bar was another plus, always being stocked with a variety. The balcony view was perfect and waking up to the sight of the London Bridge every morning just set the mood for the rest of the day. This hotel is also close to many restaurants and some shops. I also really enjoyed having a nice bar located right at the hotel. The service and staff were outstanding and very welcoming. If you’re coming to Lake Havasu, I highly recommend the Heat Hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
You have said it all and thank you for your 5 star rating! We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed August 1, 2011

It was awesome as soon as we check in my husband and I got a free drink and a 20 dollar certificate to a yummy mexican resturant right behind the hotel.... walked into our room clean and big!! Balcony had a beautiful view. We loved the patio bar it was definatly happenen all day!!! And after a long day on the boat coming back the room with a stocked mini fridge was a plus!! Also everytime we walked in and out of the hotel we were greeted by the check in girls :) this place in one word is awesome!!!

• Stayed July 2011
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for your "Awesome" rating. Our creative, extra touches have made us #1 in Lake Havasu, and we look for new ideas every day to give our guests an experience they will never forget. Thank you for staying with us!
Matthew
Edinburgh
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We are not silly enough to stay in a resort famed for Spring Break activities during Spring Break. We stayed midweek in mid July and it was great - the view of the bridge from our balcony was lovely as we sipped our drinks watching the people go by below us. The bed and bedding were fabulous and we had a wonderful night's sleep after a luxurious bath in the huge tub. Aircon was spot on as was the attitude of the staff for a relaxed place like this. It was a tiny bit worn round the edges but clean and extremely comfortable and we would gladly stay there again. We were in room 105 which someone has thoughtfully videoed and posted on youtube so make your own mind up.

Room Tip: Check how busy the club is likely to be and if your room will be near to it
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Our temperature is always "perfect", even in "hot" Havasu! Thanks for staying with us and your wonderful comments. We appreciate hearing from every guest, and always are looking to make every guest stay the best it can be. Thanks again!
Matthew
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 28, 2011

On a week night in July this place was relatively quiet and the put me in a room far away from the nightclub, so it worked out fine, but on a weekend I can picture this place being a noise nightmare. So go if you are looking for a raucous time and avoid if you go to a hotel for rest.

My room was nice - small sitting room plus bed room with a view of London Bridge. The tempur-pedic mattress, though, left me with a sore back the next day.

There are decent casual dining alternatives within walking distance, which is nice. the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I'd say this could be the perfect hotel for some, but not for me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
gmheathotel, General Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. I hope you will visit again and give us the opportunity to show you how fun and exciting a weekend can be here. Our incredible Channel View suite, on the other side of the hotel, offers a breathtaking view of the mountains and lake, and as you know all of our other rooms are on the lake and view the London Bridge. Every guest can request where they would like to be in the hotel, and we aim to please. Our patio bar is an exciting alternative to those regular hotel clubs. Give me a call directly, and I look forward to your next visit to Havasu's #1 hotel!