“Excellent Stay at the Sands Resort”

Havasu Sands All Suite Resort
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We just returned from a month long stay at the Sands and had a wonderful time. The help is so accommodating and the guests are all friendly. The suites are clean and fully equipped for your stay. We have been going there for the past six years and each year has been great. This year I was not feeling well for a couple days and the maid brought me a warm blanket....how nice was that? The breakfast is out at 8:00AM and the coffee is the best.
Yes, we have our reservations for next year and looking forward to seeing the help and our Sands friends.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good......
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank elsie c

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Sands Resort
Two thumbs up for the Sands Resort. Customer Service by Manager, Heather, Maintenance by Leo, Front desk by Mary Kathryn, Room service by Judy & etc., is one thumb. This is our third winter for over two months in this winter hidden gem. The Sands location allows us to walk to 90% of what we want to do. There is always something to do in this city. The resort is being upgraded all the time. There are many snow birds here & a lot of socializing goes on until quite time at 10 PM. This resort & the city with its friendly people are the other thumb. It took us 10 years to find a place & area like this & now you know where you find us for the next five years for 4 months of winter.
From Rich & Nancy who live in “Summers Hidden Gem” Grantsburg/Siren, WI.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rich H
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Ever dreamed of a hotel where: 1) the office didn't open till 8AM, 2) didn't start the continental breakfast till 8AM, 3) supplied bath towels with stains and long black hairs on them, 4) rooms are dated by 25+ years and have an old musty smell, and 5) charge for internet. Then may your dreams come true. I am giving two stars because the location is decent and because I have stayed at worse places. If I was forced to stay here again I would bring a sleeping bag.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Bommer1
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This resort is getting old and tired. "Breakfast" was supposed to be from 8 to 10 am; however, coffee was never made until after 8, ie 8:15 or so-guess it's a way to save money. Who among travelers doesn't want coffee earlier than that? Our room was clean but VERY NOISY. The people above us appeared to be up all night walking around, vacuuming?, whatever. All in all, not a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: No tip available since we had such a bad experience re upstairs noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eugene H
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I booked this thinking it was the place a friend recommended but it was the wrong place. The room was clean, kitchen had everything you would need, bed & bath fine BUT... This is the noisiest place I have ever stayed! First, I had trouble getting to sleep because of kids screaming and playing somewhere outside well into the night and then at 3 am, I woke up to drunks screaming obscenities to each other across the pool/courtyard. This went on for about an hour so I finally gave up on sleep. What hotel/motel allows that kind of thing? We had paid for 2 nights but left after one. Because all of the rooms basically open to the courtyard, I don't think there is a room in the place that would be any quieter. It wasn't worth another nights missed sleep to stay so we just forfeited the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunkeytravel
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at the Sands, and I still can't decide if I'd go back. Carpets, beds, and towels were clean, but walls, door jams, and light switches were filthy. See my photo of the bathroom. Grossed me out. Pool seemed dirty, so we did not use. All of the rooms face the pool, so late at night, when loud drunk people are being loud, you can hear everything. Breakfast is included, but really meager. It's basically cereal and a pack of donuts, and once they are out, they are out. But the size of the rooms are good for families. And you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank shannon_in_az
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed for the weekend visiting family. Nice size room. Pleasant staff. Decent quality hotel. Great coffee. Pool ammenities and tennis courts were a plus. I would stay again if I were coming to town. I would also recommend it to another if they were looking for an all suites hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family