“The only place to stay!!”
Review of Lake Havasu

Lake Havasu
More attraction details
Owner description: Created when the Parker Dam was built in 1938, this lake is actually a Colorado River reservoir popular for water-skiing, boating and other recreational water sports.
NorthProvidence,RI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The only place to stay!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2005

I would like to enlighten the readers of this website on where to stay in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. I drove the 150 miles south from Las Vegas to get away from the noise of the casino's and traffic as well.
I checked into the London Bridge Hotel which is right next to the original bridge. The rooms were nice and there are (3) swimming pools. There is also a hot tub connected to one of the pools. This is a place where you will find beautiful palm trees and green grass. There is a bar on site that has karoke several nights a week. All eating establishments are within walking distance in the warm Arizona nights. The scenery is great. You can rent a jet ski right on site or take a small boat ride to a casino,if you have any money left from Vegas, in California. I went in September and the weather was beautiful. A few days it was over a hundred degrees but the lack of humidity made it seem like only 85 degrees. If you are a sun goddess or worshipper like myself you owe it to yourself to visit this little corner of paradise. Lake Havasu is also becoming a place for retireees to live out the rest of their days and leaving the cold New England winters behind or what ever cold weather climate you come from. Their is a nice waterway that you can see while you are sipping on a cold drink by the pool. Don't take my word for it send for some information to the more than helpful people at the Chamber of Commerence. Remember you heard it here first. Don't forget to send me a postcard.

Dan D'Alessio
North Providence, Rhode Island
Author of Baseball Poems and other Selected Works

21 Thank Dannyd5157

• Arabic first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great time! Howeveer......”
Reviewed March 28, 2004

My girlfriend and I took a trip to Havasu and rented a boat from Paradise Boat Rentals. The lake was beutiful but our experience with this company was terrible. They told us we damaged the prop and it would cost $35. They said the prop was suppose to be shown to us before we left. I asked them if we could compromise since it was not shown to us before we left. They decided that it was my fault and the amount we owed jumped to $50. After argueing with them and getting nowhere, we decided to pay the $50 and leave. Terrible business people but awesome lake!!

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member