“A wonderful trip and awesome experience - too short a stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Singita Sweni Lodge
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I visited Sweni Lodge for 2 nights in late October transferring over from Ebony Lodge on the second stage of our holiday. Ebony Lodge was going to be difficult for anyone to follow, but Sweni Lodge gave them a good run for their money and certainly delivered, so much so that my wife and I regretted that we could not have stayed longer.

Having stayed at Ebony Lodge for 4 nights previously, witnessed the big 5 and been totally spoilt, we felt that we were now safari experts – seen it, been it done it and got the tee-shirt. Our guide and tracker Danie and Exon stood no chance. We could not have been more wrong if we tried. As usual nature coughed up new and varied experiences, and Danie in particular provided a different perspective and insight on some of the animals that we had already seen at Ebony. Highlights (following on from our experience at Ebony) included the numerous lions that we saw, the rock python, the scorpion and the waterbucks at sunset.

As noted in other reviews the accommodation and hospitality are excellent. The accommodation is modern, fully glazed with a choice of 3 showers and two toilets with a balcony overlooking the river and hippos below. We had the option of either sleeping inside or outside on the balcony beneath the stars, which we did on the first night, fully protected by mosquito nets.

The ladies of Sweni Lodge gave us a warm welcome and made sure that we had a fabulous stay. We were impressed that Ebony Lodge had contacted them in advance and that they had noted and briefed the staff on our particular preferences. We cannot leave this review without special mention to all the staff at Sweni Lodge who were outstanding, in particular:-

• Danie and Exon – for an awesome time.
• Angelique and Irene (star of the Sinigita coffee table book) for always making sure we were being looked after.
• Thabile, our butler, for looking after us and for dancing with my wife at the bomar. (Irene – your absence from the dancing was duly noted just as much as and Beauties’ dancing was also a revelation)
• Lucky for her sparkling personality and providing my wife with her brandy nightcap.

Thank you and hope to see you all again soon.

1  Thank Alan C

Reviewed November 12, 2013

What a fantastic experience….beyond my expectations. I have travelled the world and seen many Game Lodges but Singita Sweni blew my mind. You must try the massage!! We saw all the Big 5….thank you Peter and your Team.

Vernon Kirsten and Anna Paulina Botten from Cape Town

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We've been fortunate enough to take some amazing trips and stay at some fabulous hotels, but Singita Sweni blew them all away! We stayed here for two nights (and then went onto Singita Ebony for 3) as part of our two week honeymoon. Without a doubt, Sweni was the highlight of our trip in terms of service, food, and activities. From the minute we got off the small plane (and were handed a beer and cool towel while we waited) to the minute we left (and had a special milk shake made just because they knew I liked them) ever one of our needs was met. The rooms are amazing -- three showers in one room, fully stocked bar, outdoor bed, very comfortable living space with all the creature comforts thoughts through, amazing soaking tub -- I could go on and on. Suffice to say that the rooms are luxurious. It is really the service that sets the place apart -- everyone was so amazingly friendly and accomadating -- you can tell that they truly want you to have a wonderful time. It was just so lovely (and there are so many suprises)! They made our honeymoon so special -- right down to our own special tapas meal (all the meals were amazing and could compete with any meal we've had in the States from James Beard award winners)! We are already planning how we can go back! If you can swing it -- book here!

Room Tip: Room 3 - our room - was wonderful, but also closest to the main lodge and pool. We always felt like...
1  Thank Redhead2681
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We ended our 12 day private trip through South Africa with a 3 nite stay at Singita Sweni. It was soooooooo lovely!!! Our first night fell on their weekly bush dinner (a full restaurant experience with silver, china,... in the bush lit by numerous candle lanterns. We ended our last night with a private wine tasting in the cellar. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Singita Sweni - from the expertly guided bush drives to the delicious food and lovely suite, it is a one-of-a-kind experience with impeccable service and hospitality. They even made a special trip to the store and surprised me with my favorite soft drink - Tab - because they heard me mention my love for it. Another night we arrived at the room after dinner and they had run me a hot bubble bath because they heard me complaining of the crick I had in my neck. Our final night we were surprised with a bucket of champagne on ice when we got to the room. Thank you Singita Sweni - you set the bar high for all other lodgings to compare and rank as one of the best we have ever enjoyed. I wish I were leaving tomorrow to return...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The singita experience is fantastic. We stayed at ebony for 2 days and then Sweni for 2 days. Different experiences and very worth it. Usually like to stay more than 2 nights in one place to settle in but it was worth it to split the time and have the varied experiences. Singita does it so well that I think I am spoiled forever. I want to go back to the Ebony and Sweni but I also want to try go to their other properties. Lovely people. Awesome experience. A bucket list worthy stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We also did a trip to East Africa with Micato and Singita was 1000x better- the reason is you need to be on a PRIVATE RESERVE.. Singita has this. You then get to go off road and also get out and hike around with armed rangers. You will be very close to the wildlife and also moving around a lot. (on the last trip we sat for hours in the jeep waiting to see something) We saw the Big 5 the first afternoon and every day after. There are many leopards and the rangers know where they live of course.
The service was awesome- they would say we will stop for a "snack" and the jeep would go around the corner and there was the staff with a huge spread of food and drink and chairs right in the middle of the bush.. Food was amazing (and I am a picky non processed food type) Rooms are incredible.
Singita will cater to you and your group. This was an incredible place. I hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Bring lots of camera gear! Singita has most everything else you might need- rain ponchos, "gia...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura36990
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had 6 days total stay at Singita properties in September 2013. First stop was Sweni Loge and it was Fantastic! We were in very private room on the river furthest away from the main lodge, room #1. The staff was Excellent! Lucky was the “front of house” staff and she was very attentive to our every need, always had a smile and radiated positive energy. Nick was our guide. He really knows how to make your safari exciting and he is full of interesting facts and information. He was a pleasure to be with for three days of safari drives and we saw the Big-5.

The food and wine were Unbelievable! Make sure you speak with Eben the Somalia and Wine Director upon arrival to let him know the types of wines you like. He will make recommendation for lunch and dinner that your will absolutely love. Be sure to schedule a wine tasting with Eben in their private wine cellar too. If you are a serious wine connoisseur ask for a wine list of what is available to you in their wine cellar and request the specific wines you want in advance of your stay.

Recommendation: You must plan a trip to Singita Sweni Lodge! Pure Luxury; food, wine, accommodations, location, staff, Five-Stars+

Room Tip: Room #1 very private room, on the river and furthest away from the main lodge. All the rooms are Gre...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple