“magical!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kruger National Park
Singita Lebombo Lodge
Reviewed January 1, 2013

just returned from 5 blissful days at Lebombo - and already trying to figure out when i can return again! from the lodge itself (a true definition of beauty in architecture) to the staff, guides and trackers (friendly, helpful, caring and very knowledgeable) - i can find nothing wrong with anything or anyone!
if a trip to Africa is something you are thinking about - my advice would be to go nowhere but to a Singita property - you will not regret it!

Room Tip: I was in room #3 - fantastic for watching monkeys come to the room every morning and afternoon and p...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nicky r

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have travelled to 55 countries of which 34 were in Africa. I have seen some of the most beautiful places on earth - places hidden from the public eye. A few days ago my wife and I arrived at Singita Lebombo, not really knowing what to expect but we knew it should be good since we read all the reviews about the place.Our expectations were exceeded. What an experience! It was breathtaking. The views, the accommodation, the food, the staff and the wildlife were all beyond description. Let me give you a brief overview.

The views: The view from the lodge and the rooms are stunning. You can spot animals foraging in the bush virtually all day long.

The accommodation: Spacious, tastefully designed, extremely well equipped, attention to detail and very comfortable. The room is so well placed that you have complete privacy from the others.

The food: You will never go hungry! The meals were exceptional. I have never been to a lodge where there was so much attention on snacks and tasteful meals that fit in with the wildlife experience.

The staff: What a great bunch of people. It was a new experience for me to see the General Manager, Nigel at every meal and snack time mingling with the guests. Normally the GMs are in their offices and hardly show their faces. Kevin, the Lodge Manager is just brilliant. He can't do enough for you. Always smiling and ready to share information. It was obvious that this is a close knit staff made up of special people. It was obvious that they are all good friends as well. Our guide Danie and tracker Exon were the best I have been with on a game drive. The weather wasn't great but they made sure that we saw 4 of the Big 5. We didn't get to see a leopard but we saw Cheetah. Both Danie and Exon are extremely knowledgeable, accommodating and friendly. You can see their job is their passion. I learnt just as much from Danie at the meal times than on the game drives. He is a good photographer as well and gave me great tips that improved my wildlife pictures.

The wildlife: I have been many times to the Kruger National Park and have had some great sightings but I almost got the impression that for some reason there is a far greater concentration of wildlife on the Singita concession. My photos speak of it!

We will definitely return to Singita. They have set a new benchmark of wildlife experience for us! Thank you to all at Singita for making our stay a lifetime memory!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danie007
Reviewed December 13, 2012

If you can rush here now, you should. A weekend of pure bliss. Elegant, sophisticated and understated the rooms are beautiful and exciting (open and close all kinds of solutions for fun). The food, the service and the spa exceptional. Make sure Goodness is your hostess. She is most divine.
The shop is truly amazing. As a non-shopper it was amazing to get into the lifestyle there.

Room Tip: I love the further rooms. Close to the water.
1  Thank DanielScheffler
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed 2 nights (wish it was longer) at this beautiful property. I cannot find one fault anywhere. From the staff meeting you at the air strip to the staff at the property they all go above and beyond. Your private butler remembers your every prefernce and want and cannot be more helpful.
The rooms are super large and tasteful. The game drives cannot be beat. The ranger/tracker's really know what they are doing.
We had an outdoor dinner one night and came back to our room with champagne and mosquito net on the bed on the deck waiting.. very romantic.
The gift shop is really nice.
Everyone goes out of their way to make your trip memorable.
I love this place..Cannot wait to return.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

There is a reason why there are no bad reviews of Singita Lebombo.
The design, food and service are second to none. The location is great for all kinds of game viewing and the seasoned staff create the perfect tailored drives.
This property embodies the term luxury lodge. It simply is perfectly done.
Not much else to say rally other than if you are looking for an amazing South African safari experience in the Kruger area, look no further than Lebombo

1  Thank jaclynsiennaindia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The best hotel I've ever stayed in, topped only perhaps by Singita Ebony, but that is only a personal style preference. The service is outstanding and truly makes it worth the rates. They are friendly and happily cater to any need. And the food is exceptional.

We stayed in room 4 which I would recommend. It was the highest room up and has outstanding views of both the bush and the river below. We asked to sleep outside one night and they set up a mosquito net outside over a comfy mattress. Woke up to the amazing sounds of the hippos in the river.

Deirdre was our guide and was top notch. She paid attention to what we were interested in and was highly skilled as a guide.

One note, we went in late October when it is spring there. It had rained a lot so the vehicles had to stay on the dirt roads since it was too muddy. We saw tons of wild life and did more walking safaris to get close to the game which was amazing. But we felt lucky to see everything we wanted given the conditions, so I'd recommend booking in a non-rainy season. Singita Ebony owns their land so can off road more even in rainy conditions so we were glad we were experiencing both lodges.

Room Tip: Room 4 sits highest on the hill and has the best views of both the bush and the river.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shattuck004
Reviewed November 4, 2012

everything and everyone was just perfect, the safari rides, the rooms, the food, the service, the attiutude, we even cried when we left, this is one of the best hotels ive ever been in, they made our whole trip to SA worth every penny!

Room Tip: The rooms with pools are awesome, you have a view to the elephant park!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family